As of the 29th October 2012
1. The GAME Reward programme is open to any person who applies and is accepted for a GAME Reward account, either at a GAME store in the UK or online at www.game.co.uk. GAME may extend, amend or terminate the GAME Reward programme at its discretion, or amend these Terms and Conditions at any time in which case GAME will post notices on its website at www.game.co.uk and in-store. If you apply for a GAME Reward account you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions. GAME may refuse an application for a GAME Reward account if it has good reason to do so.
2. If you apply for a GAME Reward account in a GAME store you will need to provide one of the sales team with your title, forename, surname, address and sex. If you apply for a GAME Reward account online, you will need to create a GAME account and you will be required to input the same information together with a valid email address and your date of birth.
3. An administration fee is chargeable on an application for a GAME Reward account. This fee may be waived at GAME's discretion.
4. GAME Reward cards, where issued, remain the property of GAME. If requested, Account Holders are required to return any GAME Reward card that they hold to GAME or to destroy it.
5. Account Holders are responsible for the security of their GAME Reward cards and credentials and for any points earned or redeemed ('spent') using them. If a GAME Reward card or other credentials are lost, stolen, or damaged or a person has gained unauthorised access to the Account Holder's GAME Reward details or account, the Account Holder should notify GAME immediately, either online at www.game.co.uk/contact-us or through one of the team at a GAME store, so that appropriate security measures can be taken and, where appropriate, a new card or new credentials can be issued.
6. GAME Reward cards cannot be used as credit cards or guarantee cards.
7. Account Holders earn GAME Reward points on purchases in GAME stores or online. To earn points in a GAME store, the Account Holder must present their GAME Reward card or credentials to a member of the GAME sales team at the till at the beginning of the transaction. To earn points online, you must link your online GAME account with your GAME Reward account. To link your accounts, login to your GAME account at www.game.co.uk and follow the instructions in the 'My Account' section. Your GAME Reward account must be registered with a UK post code in order to link your accounts. Account Holders can only link one GAME Reward account to each GAME account. Once your GAME Reward account is linked to your GAME account points are automatically credited to your GAME Reward account when you complete a qualifying purchase after logging in.
8. GAME Reward points will only be added at the time of purchase and cannot be added at a later date. It usually takes up to 24 hours for points to be available in your GAME Reward account. GAME Reward points cannot be earned on purchases made prior to joining the GAME Reward programme.
9. Points are awarded on every purchase over £1.00, except on the purchase of gift vouchers and mobile game downloads. Points can be earned on downloads from a date to be notified to Account Holders (by notices in store and at www.game.co.uk.) Other products may be included or excluded from time to time at the discretion of GAME.
10. Account Holders will receive points on qualifying purchases calculated at the rate of 1 point for every £0.125 spent (rounded up to the nearest whole number, so, for example, a purchase for £9.98 earns 80 points and a purchase for £10.01 earns 81 points). GAME reserves the right to remove incorrectly calculated Reward points and/or Reward points which have been added erroneously.
11. GAME reserves the right to vary the rate at which GAME Reward points are earned (including offering bonus points from time to time) on providing 14 days' notice. Notice is properly given if we post details of any changes at www.game.co.uk and in store.
12. Account Holders can redeem GAME Reward points against purchases in GAME stores or online at the rate of £1.00 per 400 points. The minimum redemption is 400 points or £1.00 against a purchase but any number of points above 400 can be redeemed pro-rata. No change or credit will be given for any overpayment using points. GAME reserves the right to vary the number of points required to be redeemed against a purchase or to exclude certain products from the GAME Reward programme.
13. Points cannot be redeemed until registered on an Account Holder's GAME Reward account. Note that as stated above, it takes around 24 hours for points earned to register.
14. To redeem points against an intended purchase in a GAME store, the Account Holder must present their GAME Reward card or GAME App to a member of the GAME sales team at the till at the beginning of the transaction. To redeem points against intended purchases online at www.game.co.uk, login to your account and select the option to pay by redeeming points at the appropriate point during the payment process.
15. GAME Reward points can be used as part payment towards a product either online or in a GAME store. GAME Reward points will be not earned on products where points have been redeemed as payment or part payment for that product.
16. GAME Reward points have no cash redemption value. GAME Reward points are for Account Holder's personal use and cannot be exchanged, sold or transferred to another Account Holder's account. GAME Reward points can only be redeemed in the country in which the GAME Reward account is registered.
17. If a transaction on which points are earned or redeemed is cancelled or reversed or a product is returned (in accordance with GAME's Returns Policy) GAME will reverse the associated points earned or redeemed. Account Holders must present their GAME Reward card or credentials to a member of the GAME sales team when they require a refund so that points awarded can be debited from the GAME Reward account for the product being returned.
18. The GAME Reward programme is operated and promoted by Game Retail Limited Unity House, Telford Road, Basingstoke, Hampshire RG21 6YJ.
20. It is the responsibility of the Account Holder to notify GAME of any change to or error in their contact details. Details can be updated either at a GAME store or online. GAME reserves the right to suspend a GAME Reward account if an Account Holder's contact details are incomplete or inaccurate.
21. GAME reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions, or suspend or terminate the GAME Reward programme at any time. GAME will notify Account Holders of any changes to these Terms and Conditions by posting notices in store and online at www.game.co.uk/reward. GAME will where reasonably possible give Account Holders 14 days' notice of any changes, suspension or termination. Earning or redeeming points after notice is posted will constitute acceptance of any amended Terms and Conditions.
22. Account Holders can terminate their GAME Reward account on written notice to GAME at any time.
23. Any Account Holder may only hold one GAME Reward account at any time. Game reserves the right to de-duplicate its lists of Account Holders by terminating or merging GAME Reward accounts that it reasonably believes to be duplicates issued to the same Account Holder.
24. If GAME reasonably believes that an Account Holder is in breach of these Terms and Conditions or that the Account Holder has abused the GAME Reward programme, GAME reserves the right to take any appropriate action, including suspending or terminating the Account Holder's GAME Reward account.
25. If the GAME Reward programme or an individual account is terminated (for whatever reason) the Account Holder's right to earn or redeem points is lost.
26. If an Account Holder has not used their GAME Reward account for a period of 18 months or more, their GAME Reward account balance may be reset to zero. Where this occurs Game may continue to hold your details unless you ask us to delete them. Account Holders are entitled to apply to have their GAME Reward account reactivated and GAME may, at its discretion, re-award any points which were held in the Account Holder's account at the time the account was zeroed. Re-instatement will not however be possible if you have asked us to delete your details.
27. No party other than the Account Holder and GAME has any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or any equivalent legislation in any jurisdiction, or otherwise, to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions.
28. These Terms and Conditions are subject to and shall be interpreted under English Law.
29. Any dispute arising under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.