What are cookies?
They can be used to recognise your computer and adapt the website to your needs, such as remembering items you've placed in your basket, and the last products you viewed.
- Preventing fraudulent activities.
- Improving security.
- Keeping track of items in your shopping basket.
- Identifying you when you return to GAME.co.uk
- Showing you personalised content like your Reward card balance.
- Recommending products to you as you browse our website based on your interests.
- Collecting anonymous data to track site usage.
How do you adjust your cookie settings?
Most browsers have a help menu which will direct you to your cookie settings. You can choose to not accept cookies, be notified if a new cookie is requesting to be accepted, or to accept cookies.
Please note: By deleting cookies or disabling future cookies you may be unable to access certain areas or features of our website and it will mean you will need to re-enter details, such as your username and password each time you visit GAME.co.uk. If you adjust your cookie settings this will also affect the other websites you visit.
How to check cookies are enabled for PCs
2. Click the 'Under the Hood' tab, locate the 'Privacy' section, and select the 'Content settings' button
3. Now select 'Allow local data to be set'
Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0, 8.0
2. Ensure that your Privacy level is set to Medium or below, which will enable cookies in your browser
3. Settings above Medium will disable cookies
2. Then select the Privacy icon
3. Click on Cookies, then select 'allow sites to set cookies'
2. Click on 'Security', check the option that says 'Block third-party and advertising cookies'
3. Click 'Save'
How to check cookies are enabled for Macs
Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 on OSX
2. Scroll down until you see 'Cookies' under Receiving Files
3. Select the 'Never Ask' option
Safari on OSX
2. Click on 'Security' then 'Accept cookies'
3. Select the 'Only from site you navigate to'
Mozilla and Netscape on OSX
2. Scroll down until you see cookies under 'Privacy & Security'
3. Select 'Enable cookies for the originating web site only'
2. Then select 'Preferences', select the 'Advanced' tab
3. Then select 'Accept cookies' option
Do you hold personal information using cookies?
Do you ever pass personal information onto third parties using cookies?
1. No personal information is provided to advertisers or third parties.
2. We pass information about pages you've looked at to our trusted third parties to enable interest-based advertising.