World in Conflict Soviet Assault PC Games
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
World in Conflict Soviet Assault Product Details
Released on TBD
Imagine if the Soviet Union hadn't collapsed and instead made a decisive advance into Europe. NATO forces clash with the Red Army and a second front is opened up as the Soviets launch an attack on continental United States. You will find yourself taking on the role of a commander in the escalating conflict, controlling the era's most powerful and technologically advanced military hardware. This is what happens in World in Conflict: Soviet Assault.
Developed by Massive Entertainment and published by Ubisoft Entertainment, World in Conflict: Soviet Assault expands on the groundbreaking action-strategy gameplay of 2007's "Best Strategy Game", World in Conflict. World in Conflict merges elements of strategy, first-person-shooter and action games - creating a new "Action-Strategy" genre in gaming - a genre that has proven to appeal to all kinds of gamers, from first-person-shooter enthusiasts to strategy purists.
The unique design and universal appeal is what led global media to make World in Conflict the most critically acclaimed strategy game of 2007. The game swept the "Best Strategy" awards during E3 2007, claimed countless "Editor's Choice" commendations from the world's top reviewers, and was the clear choice as "Best Strategy Game of 2007" during the end of year awards season.
New features include:
- New Single-Player Campaign: For the first time, play as the Soviet army and follow the global invasion from the perspective of the motherland. World in Conflict: Soviet Assault continues the franchise's tradition of gripping, Hollywood-quality voice-over performances, tense and emotional storylines and unbelievable, cinematic storytelling methods.
- New Maps: World in Conflict: Soviet Assault's award-winning multiplayer modes get more maps to facilitate the intense team-based battles.
- Action-Focused Gameplay: The game's unique design removes base- building, resource gathering and "tech trees" in favor of fast, hard- hitting combat that focuses on tactical decisions - much like an FPS - creating a new genre: Action-Strategy.
- Player Roles: Players chose to command units from Infantry, Armor, Support, or Air roles; multiplayer teams will need to master each role for maximum effectiveness.
- Real World Super-Powered Warfare: Unleash the authentic military arsenals of the great military superpowers, such as tanks, planes, trucks, troops and helicopters -- as well as nuclear weapons -- from the USA, Soviet Union and NATO.
- Cutting-Edge Graphics: The latest version of Massive's proprietary Masstech engine features advanced lighting and physics, utilizes the latest DX10 technology, and allows for full 360-degree camera control.
- Complete Destructibility: As the battle rages, the world environment pays the price as houses crumble, forests burn, terrain becomes deformed and the entire environment changes.
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
- Only £7.99
Earn 64 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?