Release Date: 30-Nov-2012
Evolution of the Revolution!
Whats in the Box:
- White 8GB Nintendo Wii U Console and AC Adapter
- White Nintendo Wii Game Pad and AC Adapter
Boasting HD Graphics and an innovative controller, the Nintendo Wii U is about to change the way you play games!
Experience a new style of gameplay through the Nintendo Wii U and Wii U GamePad, which features not only the standard buttons found on most controllers, but also a 6.2 inch LCD Touch Screen that enables you to interact with the game in entirely new ways.
Game developers have been enthusiastic about the potential of the Wii U controller and what they’ll be able to use it for in future games. In some games it may just feature a map, in others it could be your HUD, but already games are showing the ingenuity of the developers.
In Rayman Legends, players use the Wii Remote Plus to navigate the levels, but with an additional player using the Wii U Gamepad, you’ll take control of another character that’ll be able to manipulate areas of the level, easing the journey for those running through on the big screen.
In Just Dance 4, you can use the Wii U Gamepad as a screen so that someone else can watch TV whilst you’re dancing away in another room or whilst everyone else is dancing in front of the TV, you can dictate which dance moves they’ll be doing next.
If you’ve got a great selection of Nintendo Wii software and peripherals, then you’ll be pleased to hear the Nintendo Wii U is Backwards compatible with most Wii Software and Accessories.
- Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
- New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.
- Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk controller, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro and Wii Balance Board.
- Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.
- Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.
- Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
- Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.
- CPU: IBM Power-based multi-core microprocessor.
- Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with most Wii games and Wii accessories.
Want to know more? Check out our in-depth Wii U guide!
Suitable for people aged 3 and over.