As the newly instated dictator of an obscure Caribbean Island, you will build a path of progress for your sapling nation, overcoming poverty, strife and other evils – or will you? Maybe you’ll rub your hands in glee as you crack the whip, erect hotels and stash your millions away in a Swiss bank account! Whichever – you’re certain to have a whole lot of fun!
Combining building-oriented gameplay with a healthy dose of Latin American political intrigue - Tropico bundles it all up in a fun, totally original and utterly addictive package.
The game uses a modified version of the 3D Railroad Tycoon 2 engine that provides very high-res sumptuous landscapes complete with ambient animations such as clouds, people going about their daily lives, wildlife and trees swaying in the breeze.
- Over 100 structures to erect, from banana plantations to copper mines and casinos to fresh spas. PopTop have put a lot of research work in, and visually all the buildings will all have a very Latin American circa 1950’s feel (i.e. slightly dilapidated!)
- You will need to decide what kind of a leader you are – your personal history, flaws and qualities. Will you be a father to the nation or a heartless corrupt dictator? Naturally how you are will immediately effect how your people view you.
- The People Unlike other similar games where cash, conquest or property are the key to your success, in Tropico the people are. To stay in power you will need their support, either though good deeds, bribery or less subtle means of persuasion!
- The AI – Whilst you have no direct control over your people they will react to what you build and how you treat them – build a hospital - and a doctor will arrive – a mine – workers will begin to mine but starve them of food and eventually you’ll have a revolt! Another unique aspect of Tropico is that every citizen is an individual with a different background, attitude and motivation from the next person.
- Classic Strategy – how will you treat your people? What will you import/export? Who to befriend USA or USSR? Bad weather coming – time to rebuild! Rebels in the forests – better build a outpost – build it and soldiers will come and take control – or will they?
- Fun! Tropico is completely Light-hearted and tongue-in-cheek – being the bad guy has never been so tempting or as fun!
Tropico Paradise Island
Welcome to Paradise Island As an all-powerful dictator, each player of Tropico manipulates resources to create his own thriving Caribbean paradise, while lining his personal Swiss bank account. The Paradise Island expansion pack features new scenarios, people, vehicles and buildings to increase the power of El Presidente and intensify his lust for power.
- 23 New Scenarios
- 2 All-New Buildings
- 4 New Tourists to Lure to Tropico (and boats to match)
- Addition of Natural Disasters, Including Storms and Diseases More Edicts to Enforce Your Will
- New Dictator Attributes
- Game Play Enhancements, Including High Score Details, Full View of Buildings, and Faster Construction
- Another hour of that great Tropico music you love, made by the same outstanding musicians* who made the original music, for a total of over two hours of playtime
Tropico 2: Pirate Cove
Tropico 2: Pirate Cove is the sequel to the award-winning Fun in the Sun Caribbean simulation, Tropico. As a pirate King, rule a secret pirate island full of despicable 17th century Sea Dogs. Fuel your economy by plundering wealthy merchant ships and taking prisoners back to the island as captive workers. Keep your scurvy buccaneers satisfied with rowdy gambling, jolly feasting, and barrels of rum! World powers fear you, brigands respect you, captives obey your every command, and don't forget about the wenching! Argh, thar ain't notting like a Pirate King!Features:
- Journey through 60 years of piracy, across 16 swashbuckling episodes, taking you from humble beginnings and a leaky boat to the most feared bandit in history!
- Choose from 16 pirate captains, each with their own adjustable characteristics.
- Create your own secret island haven - build the ultimate in pirate entertainment, develop a weapon industry, or shoot straight for the plunder and become a rich sea dog!
- Issue edicts to rig your gambling halls, provide free rum to your crews, force captives to walk the plank or even instigate a war between the dominate powers.
- Use kidnap missions to steal the skilled artisans needed to develop your industry.
- Use the strategic map of the Caribbean to plan out where and who you'll raid.
Pegi Rating:Suitable for people aged 12 and over.
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!