A Survivor Is Born.
Discover the origins of one of gaming's most iconic characters as Lara Croft returns for an all-new action experience in Tomb Raider for Xbox 360.
Key Features of Tomb Raider on Xbox 360
- Experience Lara Croft's intense origin story from young woman to hardened survivor.
- Explore a mysterious island in an all-new raiding experience.
- Fight to Live: Salvage resources, gain experience, and upgrade Lara's weapons to survive the island's hostile inhabitants.
- New multiplayer modes pit Lara's survivors against the island's scavengers.
- Winner of 44 E3 awards including IGN's Game of Show 2012.
Lara Croft has been raiding tombs and taking names since she first appeared in the original Tomb Raider in 1996. But 2013 sees Lara get a Hollywood-style refresh, rebooting the character and the series for today's gaming audience.
Tomb Raider introduces a new, younger Lara Croft. This Lara is 21, fresh out of university and on her first archaeological expedition. She's seeking out the fabled island of Yamatai when she and her colleagues are shipwrecked in the "Dragon's Triangle" somewhere off the coast of Japan.
This is far from the confident raider of tombs seen in earlier games, but a vulnerable – yet resourceful – young woman, who must survive the various elements of this mysterious island. The events of Tomb Raider will see Lara grow from innocent girl to hardened survivor.
Lara's story is told in a dynamic and cinematic visual style. This mysterious island is brought to life with treacherous terrain and moody weather, with handheld-style camera work complete with lens-flares and rain splashes adding to the realism of Lara's plight. This is a much more mature story than in previous Tomb Raider titles.
Tomb Raider offers new challenges and gameplay for newcomers and series veterans to experience. The classic action-platforming of the franchise are still present, combined with elements of exploration, survival, stealth and physics-based puzzles.
The mysterious island of Yamatai is the perfect breeding ground for all of these gameplay elements to come together. The island is home to some very strange, very savage inhabitants, as well as a band of unscrupulous scavengers who Lara must face in order to survive. These hostile enemies are a driving force in the main single-player campaign, their actions dictating what Lara must do to save herself – and her friends
But the inhabitants aren't the only surprises the island brings. Legend tells that Yamatai was once ruled by a queen with shamanistic powers and an army of samurai, and the strange symbols and 'Shrines' – side missions with mini tombs to raid and puzzles to solve - suggest that there may indeed be truth to this legend.
As well as the many challenges that the island throws at Lara, Tomb Raider introduces levelling-up gameplay, another first for the series. Lara can (and must) salvage tools, weapons and resources in order to face the threats of the island, taking what she needs from the animals, people and crates scattered around the island. Tomb Raider also allows Lara to earn and upgrade her skills and abilities as the game progresses. But even these upgrades don't come easily – weapons and skills must be learnt and honed in order to be used successfully.
Tomb Raider also includes a wealth of multiplayer modes to further enhance your experience of the island. These team-based options include Team Deathmatch, pitting a team of Lara's Surviving Allies against a team of Scavengers in maps that are filled with the same perils and pitfalls you would expect from a Tomb Raider Game. There's also Rescue, a more adventure-based battle where the Survivors must collect and deliver med-packs while the Scavengers must reach a certain number of kills. In all the multiplayer modes, you can earn XP and advance and upgrade your characters. The multiplayer modes were developed by Eidos Montreal, the studio responsible for Deus Ex: Human Revolution.
Tomb Raider has already coveted over 40 awards at E3 2011 and E3 2012, including IGN's Best Action Game in 2011, Game of Show and People's Choice in 2012 and Best Trailer both years. Expectations are high for this game which is already garnering praise from critics and all corners of the industry.
Pegi Rating:Suitable for people aged 18 and over.
Survival Edition Details
The Tomb Raider Survival Edition for Xbox 360 includes an array of bonus items and in-game content to further enhance your experience of Lara's origins.
- Downloadable In-Game Content - the exclusive Weapons Pack: New and exciting weapons for you to download and use to help Lara survive the island.
- Art Book - This 32-page mini art book showcases the original concept art for the game, compiled by the game's Art Director Brian Horton.
- Double Sided Island Map and Poster - this 15" x 19" poster features a map of Yamatai on one side, with the key locations of the mysterious island marked out. On the other side, an iconic image of Lara that epitomises this origin story.
- Waterproof Survival Pouch - A re-sealable waterproof replica of the adventure pouch used in the game for storing and protecting your important items when facing the scavengers of the island.
- CD soundtrack - The 'Survivalist Cut' of the game's soundtrack, featuring 10 choice tracks - over 60 minutes of music.
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!