The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are partnering with Ubisoft to celebrate their 25th Anniversary with a brand new game – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash-Up. This is the first Ninja Turtles video game that is not directly tied to a movie, television show or comic book. The 4-player action brawler features a variety of battle modes including online multiplayer gameplay, minigames, and an original story mode for single player co-created with Peter Laird.
The game is developed for the Wii system from Nintendo by Game Arts – part of the team who worked on Super Smash Bros. Brawl. While similar to their past project, Smash-Up offers some new surprises and features for a new shell-raising experience. Throughout the game, fans will be treated to unlockable surprises celebrating 25 years of Turtle history.
- Choose from a wide variety of classic TMNT heroes and villains, each with unique acrobatic moves, weapons and combat skills that will come in handy during the free-for-all brawls.
- Not only can you immerse yourself in the world of TMNT through the story mode, you can also challenge your friends at home or online in a variety of multiplayer modes including tournament, battle royal, and more.
- Packed with over-the-top ninja action and smack-talking gameplay, Smash-Up offers hours of fun for novice players as well as ninja masters. Finding unique combos and unlocking and special attacks add more elements to each character and battle.
- Be prepared for interactive levels with moving arenas, gators jumping from the water, and many more surprises. Collect “shells” during battles and mini-games to unlock memorable moments and exclusive content of TMNT’s 25-year history.
- The single-player story mode offers a completely original story written by Peter Laird (the co-creator of TMNT). But unlike his previous comic books and movies, this time you get to be a part of the story.