SiNG Party Wii U
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Released on 18-Jan-2013
Get lost in music on Wii U with SiNG Party, the new musical performance game that will get everyone singing and dancing through the night!
SiNG Party features dozens of popular songs to choose from, and whether you're a karaoke king or simply never sing, everyone will be able to join the fun - while one person steps up to the microphone as the lead singer, friends and family can become the backing group, dancing, singing and clapping along to the prompts on the TV screen.
Key features of SiNG party on Wii U
- Party Mode – The heart of SiNG Party, Party Mode gives the lead singer the mic and the Wii U Game Pad to read the lyrics and any other directions from. This allows the singer to interact with the crowd in ways other party games can't offer, and lets the rest of the party join the fun by following their own song and dance instructions from the TV screen – or even picking up a Wii Remote to make the sound of a tambourine or cowbell. More cowbell!
- Sing Mode – Reading the lyrics off the TV screen, you'll not just be singing but getting real-time feedback on your vocals! Sing Mode judges you on the Pitch of your voice, as well as Power and Flair, so there's no holding back from putting your own twist on your favourite tunes and really making a performance out of it to set the new high score.
- Sing Mode can be played Solo or in a Duet with a partner, with Harmony Duet for those feeling particularly confident of their vocal skills! The rest of the party can still take part, using the Game Pad to queue up the songs they want to hear or play along with the audio mix – turning the music volume up, down, or completely off to leave the singer a capella, and even tune out the original vocal track to add a touch of reverb!
- Team Mode – Things get competitive as you team up and face your musical rivals in a battle as strong as Take That vs East 17 or Oasis vs Blur! Compete in solo action or perform as your own pop group, and you can even have an impartial judge to mark the performance using the Game Pad.
- Practice Mode – Rehearse your solo parts or just tricky sections of particular songs. The Game Pad can be used to single out the bits you want to practice, and with your SiNG Party awards posted on the Miiverse, there's certainly the incentive to nail that killer hook!
- Songs from the 60s to today – SiNG Party mixes current hits like 'Call Me Maybe' by Carly Rae Jepsen, ‘Glad You Came’ by The Wanted, ‘I’m Yours’ by Jason Mraz and ‘Just A Kiss’ by Lady Antebellum with chart classics including Queen’s ‘Don’t Stop Me Now’, ‘You Can’t Hurry Love’ by The Supremes and ‘I Want You Back’ by The Jackson 5. There's something for players of all ages and tastes, and with more songs available to download after launch, the hits keep on coming!
SiNG Party comes bundled with a Wii U Microphone, and supports a second one (sold separately).
Downloadable copy of Sing Party Available
Please Note: Sing Party for Nintendo Wii U is 11.5 GB.
Check that you have enough space on your Nintendo Wii U to download and install this title. This game requires Microphones that are not included with the Downloadable version.
"I think we're alone now, there doesn't seem to be anyone around," warbles the voice out of our telly. Now, before you hit the 'Back' button shuddering at the thought of 80s mall-rat Tiffany blaring out of your TV's speakers in a game, remember that even crimes against pop can work in the right context as Wii U's karaoke title SiNG Party proves.
SiNG Party's set-up will initially be oh-so-familiar to fans of digital crooning - grab the mic that is included and blare out the words to the lyrics that scroll across the screen (with the occasional dance move thrown in for good measure), all while onscreen singers strut their stuff and spangly abstract backgrounds pop and gyrate.
This being the Wii U of course means that the Game Pad offers up some unique ways in which to butcher The B-52's 'Love Shack'. While the more traditional Duet/Harmony Modes let you and a loved one trample all over Lionel Ritchie, Team Mode sees players or groups going larynx-to-larynx, with the remaining players able to use the Game Pad to vote on who was more 'fiasco' than 'Freddie' when belting out Queen's 'Don't Stop Me Now'.
Best of all, Party Mode offers the most potential for public humiliation as the crooner stands in front of their peers singing the lyrics displayed on the Game Pad's screen while the rest of the group can either sing along with the words that are super-sized on the telly - or alternatively, throw cocktail sausages at the poor soloist.
For those who want to do a Barlow and take their singing seriously, booting up the Sing Mode offers a scoring and awards system based on your performance. Plus the Game Pad lets you draw up playlists on the fly, mess with vocal and instrument levels, and best of all, 'jam' along to the onscreen action, hitting the bongos at all the wrong moments during Pet Shop Boys 'Always On My Mind' to put singers off.
With 50 tracks covering pop classics from the 60s up to the present day (with more promised for download later), SiNG Party is all you'd expect from a karaoke experience - but with the Game Pad bringing a whole new set of torture instruments to assault friend and family's ears with...
Editor's Choice: SiNG Party (Preview) (17/01/2013)
SiNG Party is all you'd expect from a karaoke experience - but with the Game Pad bringing a whole new set of torture instruments to assault friend and family's ears with…
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
- Only £41.99
Free UK Delivery
- Only £32.99
Earn 336 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?