Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World (Mac) Mac
- Mac Your selected format is Mac
- The second expansion pack for Civilization V - Sid Meier's Civilization V: Brave New World - provides a new and enhanced depth and replayability to the game
Get FREE UK delivery on this product!
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
Add to WishList
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
Av. User Rating
- Suitable for people aged 12 and over.
Through the introduction of international trade and a focus on culture and diplomacy you are able to experience a more realistic and challenging game than ever before. Your influence around the world will be impacted by creating Great Works, choosing an ideology for your people and proposing global resolutions in the World Congress. Never before have your choices had such an impact on your game, every choice you make will impact your relationship with other civilizations.
- New Content: Nine new civilizations, including Casimir of Poland, each with their unique traits, units and buildings. Eight new wonders, including the Parthenon, Broadway, the Globe Theatre, and the Uffizi. Four new gameplay systems and dozens of new units, buildings and improvements offering an expanded variety of ways to build the most powerful empire in the world.
- New Culture Victory: Spread your culture across the globe, dominate all other cultures. Create masterpieces with Great Artists, Writers and Musicians that are placed in key buildings across your empire like Museums, Opera Houses, and even the Great Library. Use Archaeologists to investigate sites of ancient battles and city ruins for priceless cultural artefacts. Become the first civilization with a majority influence in all other civilizations to achieve a Culture Victory, becoming the envy of the world.
- New Policies and Ideologies: Enter the Industrial Age and choose the ideology of your people: Freedom, Order, or Autocracy. Each ideology grants access to increasingly powerful abilities, and serves the different victory conditions in unique ways. The choices you make will impact your relationships with other civilizations for the rest of the game.
- World Congress: The importance of diplomacy is intensified and city-state alliances are more important than ever. Change the diplomatic landscape through a new World Congress that votes on critical issues like implementing trade sanctions against rogue nations, limiting resource usage, designating host cities for the World Games, and the use of nuclear weapons. Game-changing resolutions, vote trading, intrigue and a new lead-in to the Diplomatic Victory ensures that the end of the game will be more dynamic than ever before.
- International Trade Routes: Build your cities into hubs of international trade by land and sea, creating great wealth and prosperity for your people, while also spreading religion, cultural influence, and science. The number of trade routes increases through the advancement of economics and technologies, the creation of wonders, and the unique abilities of your civilization. Will you connect to a closer city for a lower payoff and a safer route, choose a longer route with more risk for the bigger payoff, or perhaps point your trade route inward, sending vitally important food and production to the far corners of your own empire?
- American Civil War: Fight the "War Between the States" from either the Union or Confederate side as you focus on the critical Eastern theatre of operations between the capital cities of Richmond and Washington.
- Scramble for Africa: The great colonial powers of the world are scrambling to explore the Dark Continent and extend their reach into its interior. Search for the great natural wonders of the heart of Africa as you explore a dynamically-generated continent each time you play.
- OS: 10.7.5 (Lion), 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion)
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core) CPU Speed: 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 2 GB
- Hard Disk Space: 8 GB free disk space
- Video Card: (ATI): Radeon HD 2600; NVidia GeForce 8600, Intel HD 4000
- Video RAM: 256 MB
- Processor: Intel Quad Core
- Memory: 4GB
- CPU Speed: 2.6 GHz
- Video RAM: 512MB