Sid Meier’s Civilization V Game of the Year Edition PC Games
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Sid Meier’s Civilization V Game of the Year Edition Product Details
Released on TBD
- Civilization V - The Original Game and Official Digital Soundtrack
- Choose one of eighteen historical civilizations to lead from the stone-age to the space age on your quest to build the world’s most powerful empire.
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Denmark - Rule the world as Harald Bluetooth, with your powerful Berserker warriors and Ski Infantry, and experience the new Scenario, 1066: Year of Viking Destiny!
- Civilization and Scenario Pack: Polynesia - Beat the new Scenario, Paradise Found. Rule the world as Kamehameha, unifier of Hawai’i, with your powerful navy and imposing Moai statues!
- Double Civilization and Scenario Pack: Spain and Inca - Play as Isabella I, Queen of Castile and Leon, and as Pachacuti, ninth ruler of the Kingdom of Cusco, and take part in the struggle for supremacy over the New World in 1492.
- Map Pack: Explorer’s - Five of the maps are based on real-world locations, chosen for their historical interest and gameplay possibilities. The remaining five are scripted map environments.
- Map Pack: Cradle of Civilization - Experience 4 Firaxis-designed maps of real-world locations, such as the Americas, Asia, Mediterranean and Mesopotamia.
It's the tyrant of time-wasting, the slayer of social lives, the ruiner of relationships; that's right - it's the obscenely addictive turn-based strategy game, Civilization V on the PC that's back with even more all-conquering features...
It's a gaming series that has been tickling, no, holding our attention glands in a vice-like grip for over two decades now as we've raced to evolve from cavemen/frequenters of Essex nightclubs to an Olympian-like civilisation fit for space travel. Along the way, we've stoked our populations, developed technologies and battered rivals to take over the world. So tight has the game series' grip become that one player recently announced that he'd been playing a single game of Civilization II for the past ten years (that has culminated in a stalemate of ravaged, embittered nations; how very Eurozone).
And with the arrival of the Gods and Kings expansion digital download for the fifth instalment, the game has found religion (while going all MI6 on us). Create your own religion and feed off your population's faith, spreading your influence across the world. Meanwhile, slip a spy into an rival city to turn its citizens' mood in your favour or steal technology.
Stretched over these two 'tent-pole' features is a canvas of other tweaks and additions; play with new ancient, feared civilisations such as Carthage, the Celts, the Maya and, erm, the Netherlands, and command your world with new iconic leaders including Boudicca, William I, Pacal the Great and Murdoch the Born-Again Media Mogul [is this right? - Ed]. Then marvel at the new technologies, units, buildings and Wonders before drooling over the upgraded naval options, the three new scenarios (including a rather fetching steampunk jolly), and much more.
And then sit back for a moment and realise that you're doomed. Because if Civilization V was a time sink, thanks to Gods and Kings it's now become a black hole that will consume all time (and any inclination to turn off your PC). So a warning then to all you wannabe kings/queens/emperors - your old life ends here.
Gamers will be given more ways than ever to rule the world when a new expansion pack for Sid Meier's Civilization V hits PC later this spring.
2K Games has revealed the first details on Gods & Kings, a Civilization V add-on that introduces new technologies, units, cultures and scenarios to the acclaimed strategy game.
New civilisations include Carthage, the Netherlands and the Celts, with the expansion set to give players access to all sorts of new diplomacy and espionage options, extra types of city state and an enhanced combat system.
Meanwhile, the add-on reintroduces the concept of religion to the series, meaning would-be rulers can create their own faith and propagate it across the globe.
Sid Meier, series creator and director of creative development for developer Firaxis Games, said: "We're excited to deliver this robust expansion pack that will give players countless hours of new gameplay experiences and more reasons to take just one more turn."
The Firaxis team is currently hard at work reviving another esteemed PC strategy series with XCOM: Enemy Unknown, a revamped version of the 1993 classic UFO: Enemy Unknown.
Editor's Choice - Civilization V: God… (03/08/2012)
With the arrival of the Gods and Kings expansion digital download for the fifth instalment, the game has found religion (while going all MI6 on us). Create your own religion and feed off your populati…
Gods & Kings expansion pack coming fo… (21/02/2012)
Gamers will be given more ways than ever to rule the world when a new expansion pack for Sid Meier's Civilization V hits PC later this spring.…
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
- Only £29.99
Earn 240 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?