SBK X Special Edition PlayStation 3
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Released on 04/06/2010
Speed, courage and adrenaline: live again the extreme challenge of the Superbike World Championship thanks to the fully renewed experience offered by SBK®X.
Whether you’re keen on 100% realistic races or you simply want to gas your bike, SBK®X is the ideal game for you.
Along with the Simulation mode – completely customizable – you will find the brand new Arcade mode to start skidding, tailing, and wheeling like a real ace. Two games in one to enjoy the best of the Superbike championship!
In both Simulation and Arcade modes , SBK®X will allow you for the first time to race the 3 different classes: Superbike, Supersport and Superstock™1000. Dozens of riders and the best bikes in the world await you!
And what's more, you can create your own biker and improve your career through victories until becoming a real legend. And if you feel brave enough, you can face other players online: from a single race to the entire championship, you will contend victory with another 16 players!
- ARCADE MODE: SBK X assures fun for all, allowing experienced and inexperienced players alike to race for the title both online and offline.
- SIMULATION MODE: SBK X has not overlooked its two wheeler enthusiasts, and has further elaborated the game’s realism. Are you ready to prove yourself?
- FULLY LICENSED: discover the excitement of the championship in three differente categories (Superstock, WSS, SBK) and challenge more than 90 real drivers on their bikes on the official circuits.
- CAREER MODE: start an incredible adventure on two wheels from scratch and build your career by climbing all the categories of the Superbike championship… Be your own manager, choosing your offers and obtaining promotions (but also dismissals!) according to your results.
- STORY MODE: A totally new feature of arcade mode, story mode lets you live the ride to the championship of SBK through a series of challenges that will determine your destiny among the champions of the Superbike.
- COSTUMIZATION: create your driver and customize him every detail, then prove his abilities in all game modes…
- EVOLVING TRACK: SBK X is based on a system that modifies the condition of the track based on grind from the bikes; this means that, on a dry track, the asphalt builds up skid marks in breaking points and acceleration, while in the case of a wet track, it dries along the ideal trajectory. So the track isn’t just a marginal element but has become a fundamental aspect of the driving experience.
- GRAPHICS: Compared to SBK 09, this new episode boasts superior graphical detail. Every graphic element has undergone a substantial improvement: from the sky, that has a definition four times higher compared to the past, to the public, now completely in 3D and interactive, to the trackside objects, rebuilt in detail.
- MULTIPLAYER UP TO 16 PLAYERS: the online mode has broadened its horizons, offering you the possibility to race against 15 opponents and opening the doors to both main game modes (arcade and simulation)
SBK 2011 on the way
With Gran Turismo 5 making sure that PlayStation 3 owners at least will be dreaming about cars for the foreseeable future, it's always worth remembering that videogames can handle two wheels pretty well at the same time. Thankfully, Black Bean Games has announced that we'll soon be getting the chance to sit down with the latest instalment of its racing bike series. Fancy SBK 2011? It's happening!
The game will be hitting the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 next May, and it's shaping up well, apparently. Milestone Studios, the Milan-based developer, has been focusing on both graphics and gameplay, and is promising an entirely new artistic direction, an ?up-to-date? driving model, and a ?more appealing' presentation and effects. With menus, tracks, bikes, and lighting all getting a bit of TLC, the game should look and feel amazing when it finally arrives.
SBK games have been getting steadily more addictive for the last few years, now, and there's no reason that this one should buck that trend in the slightest. Cars are great, then, but bikes? Bikes aren't bad either.
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
NewOut of stock
- Only £33.99
Free UK Delivery
- Only £12.50
Free UK Delivery
Earn 272 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?