Resistance: Retribution PSP
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Released on 20/03/2009
Bend Studio has created an all new story, levels, weapons and enemies, as well as a proprietary targeting system that takes full advantage of the PSP control system. Their third generation PSP game engine pushes the Sony PSP to its limit, allowing Resistance Retribution on PSP more detailed characters, special effects, and terrain that captures the look and feel of the Resistance universe on the Sony PSP.
Set in the weeks after Resistance: Fall of Man, Resistance: Retribution follows the story of former British Marine James Grayson. After a personal tragedy – he is forced to kill his own brother inside a Chimeran conversion center – Grayson goes on a vendetta to destroy every conversion center he can find.As the story unfolds in Resistance Retribution, Grayson eventually learns that his efforts have been futile... in Western Europe the Chimera have evolved a new method of converting humans to aliens. The European resistance – the Maquis – enlist Grayson's help, and he joins Cartwright and Parker in Operation Overstrike. The war to retake the European continent has begun.
Resistance Retribution for PSP Features:
- Resistance Retribution: A third person action-adventure game created specifically for PSP that bridges Resistance: Fall of Man and Resistance 2.
- Storyline of Resistance: Dramatic storyline set against the battle to retake the European continent, follows a single soldier’s grim determination to avenge his fallen brother.
- Engine: Utilizes Bend Studio’s third generation PSP engine that allows for more enemies on screen, more detailed characters with higher resolution bitmaps and specular highlights, and a memory buffer system that allows for larger and more detailed worlds.
- Revolutionary Targeting System:Resistance Retribution has an advanced third person targeting system designed specifically for the PSP.
- Portability: Liberal checkpoint system makes Resistance Retribution ideal for small bursts of gameplay perfect for the on-the-go gamer.
- Weaponry of the Resistance: Weapons include favorites from Resistance: Fall of Man like the Auger, Carbine, and LAARK, as well as new weapons based on hybrid Alien/Human technology – including the BM001 Razor and the Longbow 1S-1K “One shot, one kill” sniper rifle.
- The Enemies Resistance: Over 10 different types of enemies, including Chimera from Resistance 2 and Resistance: Fall of Man – including the Titan, Slipskull, Hybrids and Leapers – and all new enemies like the Hag and Cloven.
- Multiplayer:Resistance Retribution has intense eight player multiplayer gameplay with five game modes including Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, Containment and Assimilation available via ad-hoc and infrastructure.
- Resistance Franchise: Web based franchise that ties into the Resistance franchise web portal.
Split-screen multiplayer confirmed for Resistance 3
First it was Killzone 3, and now the PlayStation 3 exclusive shooter Resistance 3 will be getting split-screen, by the looks of it. (That's a lot of 3s, incidentally.)
Insomniac Games confirmed the new mode when creative director Marcus Smith sat down with the PlayStation Blog the other day. "In terms of co-op, we are focusing on a two-player co-op through the single-player campaign, which can be played online with a friend, or split-screen on your couch."
That's not all Smith had to say about the hotly anticipated sci-fi sequel. He went on to spill the beans about a few new features: "New to Resistance 3 are upgradeable weapons, which will give your weapons new abilities and power as you continue to use them,? he said, adding that, "in terms of multiplayer we are planning a much more focused, progression-based multiplayer experience."
Bring it on, Smith! Resistance 3 tells the story of Joseph Capelli as he treks across the US of A to try and bring down the alien Chimera, who are up to their old world-dominating tricks. Expect to get your hands on the game this time next year.
Insomniac Games confirmed the new mode when creative director Marcus Smith sat down with the PlayStation Blog the other day.…
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
NewOut of stock
- Only £19.99
Free UK Delivery
PreownedOut of stock
- Only £4.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 160 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?