Resident Evil 6 PC Games
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Resident Evil 6 Product Details
Released on 22-Mar-2013
Starting with three distinct, yet interwoven story threads, each with their own pair of protagonists for either solo or co-op play, both offline and online, not only will Resident Evil 6 deliver both different perspectives and gameplay styles but, with the introduction of the innovative Crossover mechanic players will be able to team up and share the horror. At key moments during the game, up to four players can join together online to tackle a specific situation, with some stages seeing the usual partnerships swapped to further increase the depth of gameplay.
Once players have completed the initial three campaigns they will unlock an all new campaign featuring Resident Evil’s very own femme fatale, Ada Wong. A single player experience, Ada’s campaign features unique missions, gameplay and weapons which will provide answers to the unanswered questions from the first three campaigns.
Launching alongside the game will be Resident Evil.Net, a free webservice designed to enhance the Resident Evil 6 experience and bring together players from around the world. View all your game statistics and those of your friends plus compete in events with the chance to win in-game prizes.
Resident Evil 6 Features:
- Horror on a global scale – No longer confined to a specific location, the outbreak of the C-virus is worldwide with the action taking place in North America, Eastern Europe and China
- The most expansive Resident Evil game to date- Experience the horror through four distinct yet intertwined campaigns:
- Play as Leon S. Kennedy or Helena Harper to investigate and uncover the evidence that will lead them to the truth behind the bioterrorist outbreaks
- Initially sent into Lanshiang to deal with an unprecedented bioterrorist attack, Chris Redfield and fellow BSAA member Piers Nivans soon realize that this is more than an isolated incident and they must fight on all fronts to defeat this global threat
- Jake Muller is a wanted man and together with Sherry Birkin the two must escape the clutches of those who realize just how valuable his special blood line is
- A solo operative, Ada Wong will need to use all her guile to infiltrate locations as she gathers the necessary intel.
- Not only does each story cross paths, but so does the action – At significant points when the narrative draws pairs of characters together, the all new Crossover mechanic allows up to four players to experience the horror together online
- Resident Evil.Net - Sign up to this brand new service to
- Pull data from your game
- See how you and your friends have performed based on a variety of criteria such as weapons and health used
- Link your RE.Net data to FaceBook and Twitter and receive real time notifications via PC or the RE.Net smartphone app
- Compete with Resident Evil 6 players from across the globe in special events
- Solo or co-op – Resident Evil 6 delivers both single and two player co-op gameplay either offline or online (however Ada Wong’s campaign is one player only)
- A new challenge – Confront the results of the C-virus in all its varied and deadly forms
- Zombies make a return to the Resident Evil series, but can now run, jump at players and even use weapons, making them far more challenging than in previous games
- The enemy creatures known as J’avo can mutate damaged body parts into a variety of different forms, meaning players will have to rethink their strategy and adapt to this unpredictability
- The C-virus has also given rise to the Chrysalide, which take the mutation process even further as they undergo a full metamorphosis; spawning a whole host of horrific creatures
- Agent Hunt Mode - In this all new online mode for the Resident Evil series, experience the action from the other side. As a ‘hunter’, join the enemy side to become one of the game’s zombies, J’avo or other C-virus mutations and infiltrate another active game session to eliminate the human characters.
- Complete a full campaign to be able to play Agent Hunt stages from that campaign
- Go online and search for other players who have agreed to accept Agent Hunt sessions
- ‘Jump’ into their game as one of the enemy characters and try and take the ‘agent’ out
- If the hunter eliminates the agent then they will be taken to a ‘hunt successful’ results screen where they can join another session if they wish
- The hunter’s enemy character is deliberately weaker than the agent they are trying to take down so they will need to employ new tactics if they are to succeed. To aid the hunter they are able to respawn continuously throughout the course of the session.
- If the agent is eliminated then their game session will end exactly as if they had been playing a standard game session with CPU enemies
- If the hunter quits the session then the agent’s game continues as normal with all AI enemies
- Play your way – Use skill points to upgrade your character to provide faster reload speed, improved firepower or increase your health bar with the Character Skill system
- Vehicle based action – Resident Evil 6 will include gameplay sections featuring vehicles such as motorbikes, cars and snowmobiles
- Mercenaries returns – Players will once more be able to enjoy the highly popular Mercenaries Mode
- Redesigned control system – Resident Evil 6 features an evolved control system allowing players to shoot while moving; slide; roll in any direction and to take cover along with the addition of an enhanced melee attack
- Localized voice over – Resident Evil 6 will include fully localized voice over in English, French, German, Spanish and Italian as well as subtitles in Japanese, Russian, Polish, Brazilian and Portuguese.
Shinji Mikami is best known as the creative force behind the Resident Evil series, but his most recent outing was the slick sci-fi shooter Vanquish. Now he's returning to survival horror with new title The Evil Within, publisher Bethesda has revealed. The game, previously known by the codename Project Zwei, will be the first from Mikami's new studio, Tango Gameworks.
Little is known about the gameplay, but a teaser trailer promises something warped and bloody. It opens to the comforting strains of Bach's Air on a G String, before a hand bursts through the window of what looks like a padded cell. Cue the grisly stuff, as we see a mysterious man twisting barbed wire with grungy tools followed by someone with broken glass protruding from their skin, a hulking butcher-like figure wielding a meat hammer, burning flowers and a creature with multiple limbs emerging from a puddle of blood. Iconic scenes and images from western horror hits such as A Nightmare on Elm Street and Hellraiser are heavily referenced.
"We're incredibly proud to announce The Evil Within. My team and I are committed to creating an exciting new franchise, providing fans the perfect blend of horror and action," said Mikami, ever the master of understatement.
Expect to find out more about this juicy looking game in the next week. The Evil Within is currently slated for release on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC and next generation consoles in 2014.
Well, sort of. When the PC version of Resident Evil 6 launches this week, it will not only contain all the updates made to the console version but will also feature the PC exclusive The Mercenaries: No Mercy mode. This is an endless survival game in which players must stay alive for as long as possible against a never-ending flood of enemies.
It's here that Capcom's monster masher crosses over with Valve's Left 4 Dead. No Mercy mode will feature Coach, Nick, Ellis and Rochelle - the cast of Left 4 Dead 2 - as playable characters. Each will come with their own unique weapons, drawn from their original game. Some Left 4 Dead enemies will also be added to the mix. The Mini-Tank will appear, even if you're not playing as a Left 4 Dead character, along with the terrifying Witch.
"The Resident Evil 6 team really enjoyed working on this crossover," said Capcom's Yoshiaki Hirabayashi, "And we're confident that our fans will have a great time with it too!"
"We're huge Resident Evil fans," agreed Valve's Chet Faliszek. "So when the opportunity arose to work directly with Capcom to combine L4D2 and RE6, we jumped at it."
The budget-priced PC version of Resident Evil 6 is released on March 22nd. No Mercy mode will be available from April 5th.
Resident Evil creator unveils The Evi… (19/04/2013)
the creative force behind the Resident Evil series is returning to survival horror with new title The Evil Within, publisher Bethesda has revealed…
Resident Evil and Left 4 Dead crossov… (18/03/2013)
They're easily the two biggest zombie games around, and now the unthinkable is happening: Resident Evil and Left 4 Dead are merging.…
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
- Only £17.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 144 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?