Release Date: 12/06/2009
Players will take control of anti-hero Alex Mercer, who wakes up in a mysterious laboratory as an experiment with no memory of his past. The world of Prototype is engulfed in a three-way conflict between the military, a mutated viral epidemic, and Mercer -- who has become a weapon in his own right. The whole game is built around the idea of weaponizing yourself. Mercer can absorb his enemies, taking on their memories and appearance.
You are a shape shifter - the Prototype. Consume and become anyone; hide in plain sight as a normal human and mix and match genetic traits to create incredible never-before-seen deadly biological weapons. Consume people and gain their skills, knowledge and personality. Fight a secret war against a conspiracy out to capture or kill you; defeat it before it threatens the survival of New York itself.
- Deadly Shape-Shifting Action - Alex Mercer is a shape-shifter with amazing powers of combat, destruction and deception.
- A Fresh Take on a Stale Genre - Taking the open-world genre to breathtaking new heights, PROTOTYPE is an original IP featuring Alex Mercer, an all-new anti-hero framed within a conspiracy-drenched storyline that gives open-world/action games a fresh and well deserved kick in the pants.
- 'Deceive or Destroy' Gameplay - PROTOTYPE's 'Deceive or Destroy' gameplay allows players the choice to either blend in with the crowded population and covertly progress through the story, or fully unleash Alex's powers, moving through New York City as a walking slaughterhouse - shape-shifting in plain sight, consuming civilians on the street, commandeering military vehicles, including Apache helicopters and Abrams tanks and causing destruction at every turn.
- Unprecedented Locomotion and Agility - Being more than human, nothing in PROTOTYPE's bustling New York City setting is an obstacle for Alex. Players will vault over hundreds of cars, run vertically up the sides of skyscrapers, scale huge distances in single jumps and more.
- New York City Hunting Ground - PROTOTYPE's open-world playground is New York City done right! The city is jam-packed with thousands of pedestrians, hundreds of cars and is truly a bustling, thriving representation of the world's most famous city.
- Developer Pedigree - No stranger to the open-world game development space, Radical Entertainment is the developer behind PROTOTYPE, and touts a wide catalog of successful titles, including the highly acclaimed The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, Simpsons Hit & Run and Scarface: The World is Yours.
Suitable for people aged 18 and over.