Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Wii
The store has encountered a problem processing the last request. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your site administrator.
- Created specifically to make full use of the Wii’s unique control system, PES 2008 brings all the realism of Pro Evolution Soccer to the Nintendo machine, but with a more ‘team-orientated’ control system.
- Sold and Fulfilled by GAME.co.uk
More buying choices
£1.99 (preowned)Free delivery12 MONTH PREOWNED GUARANTEE
- Preowned versions may not include additional content.
- Prices in GAME Stores may differ.
Add to WishList
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
Av. User Rating
- Suitable for people aged 3 and over.
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 Features:
- Using a point and drag system, the player uses the Wii Remote to guide the player with the ball, and perform all the skill moves and close control with subtle movements of their hand. Instantly, the Wii Remote is used to point at nearby players to select them to receive a pass or to latch on to a through-ball. The Remote can also be used to steer the run of the receiving player, giving extra control as they thread through masses of defenders or run into open space.
- The new system gives the player full control over their team, and allows the man marking of specific threats, while shakes of the Wii Nunchuk can be used to perform sliding tackles, and send the goal keeper out to clear a loose ball. The strategic elements are also easily accessed, with the directional controls of the Wii Remote used to activate tactical plays and spring counter attacks or send players tracking back.
- PES 2008 for Wii features six game modes, spanning Match, League and Cup elements, and Training and Trade section. The new version also features an exclusive ‘Champions Road’ competition, wherein players take their chosen team to compete in league competitions all over the world. The idea of the Champions Road tournament is to come top in every league, and build a team by receiving players from recently defeated sides.
- Experience points are added to all used players after a match, and bolster the attacking ability, technique and stamina. Extra skills can also be unlocked, allowing users to piece together a ‘Dream Team’ that constantly grows as they become more successful. Additional mini-tasks are also randomly set during the course of a Champions Road match, too, such as scoring a hat-trick, and succeeding allows the player to add higher-rated players to their team.
- Full Mii support is also present, and users can integrate up to 16 pre-defined Miis into a team, while the ever-changing teams can be stored on to the Wii Remote and switched between two linked Remotes. PES 2008 also has a strong online element, allowing users to play ‘Free Matches’ against unknown opponents, or ‘Friend Matches’ against people on the Wii’s Friends list. Team data can also be sent to friends via the console’s WiiConnect24 system.