Nintendo DS Lite retains the advanced touch screen technology, allowing players to control the software with a stylus or even their finger, as well as dual screens, voice recognition and Wi-Fi capabilities of the Nintendo DS but is now both smaller and lighter. Weighing nearly 60g less than the original, it is just two thirds of the original size. The redesign isn't only cosmetic though, the Nintendo DS Lite features adjustable screen brightness with four settings, a repositioned microphone for ease of use and a larger and more comfortable stylus. With its new design and unique features, this console is perfect for everyone regardless of age, gender and gaming skills.
- Its two bright screens can be adjusted to four levels to adapt to different lighting conditions and to extend battery power.
- The microphone sits in the center of the unit, and the LED lights are clearly visible whether the unit is open or closed.
- The stylus is 1 centimeter longer and 1 millimeter thicker than the stylus of the original, and slides into a side storage slot.
- The Start and Select buttons were repositioned for easier access.
- A removable cover keeps the Game Boy Advance cartridge slot clear from dust and debris when it's not in use.