Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch Wizard's Edition Sony PS3
- Sony PS3 Your selected format is Sony PS3
- Travel with Oliver in immersive RPG Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - Wizard's Edition on PlayStation 3, from the talents at LEVEL-5 and Studio Ghibli
Get FREE UK delivery on this product!
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
Add to WishList
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
Av. User Rating
- Suitable for people aged 12 and over.
From the combined talents of LEVEL-5 and Studio Ghibli comes Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch for PlayStation 3
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch is an epic role-playing adventure centred from two legendary Japanase studios. Join the intimate and heart-warming tale of a young boy named Oliver, and his journey to a strange world to learn magic and bring his mother back from the dead.
The Limited Wizard's Edition includes:
- 300 page hardback physical copy of The Wizard's Companion, the spellbook Oliver uses throughout his journey in the game. The full-colour Wizard's Companion contains a bestiary of all the creatures found in the game along with in-depth item descriptions, spells and history of the other world.
- A plush doll of Drippy, Oliver's guide through his adventures
- Exclusive "golden mite" and "golden drongo" DLC familiars.
Key Features of Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch on PlayStation 3
- Oliver's emotional story and quest in a strange new world
- A new kind of RPG that combines western and Japanese styles of gameplay
- A unique companion-based combat system
- The creative genius of two legendary Japanese studios
- A visually stunning experience with anime-style cut scenes
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch tells the tale of Oliver, a 13 year-old boy from Motorville whose mother dies when saving him from drowning. Completely heartbroken, his tears bring to life a doll his mother gave to him - who reveals himself to be Drippy, a fairy from the magical parallel world called Ni no Kuni, a place where Oliver may be able to find his mother again. And so Oliver sets-off to this new world, armed with a book that will teach him the magic he needs to find his mother.
Along the way he meets many new characters, strange versions of people he knows from his own world, include Esther, an adventurer who is missing part of her heart - in the real world, she is Shelly, a sick girl who cannot leave the house. Together they explore the land, encountering more friends who help him learn and grow, formidable foes to fight, and strange creatures that Oliver can collect and build into a menagerie.
The gameplay of Ni no Kuni embraces all that you would expect from an RPG, keeping the traditional Japanese elements that make for great escapist adventure, and adding new features for an experience like no other. As you'd expect, there's a free-roaming map to take across the unique world of Ni no Kuni itself, varied transportation systems to get you around, and many secondary quests, mini-games and more.
Ni no Kuni also introduces a new, menu-driven combat system that allows you to choose who takes on your foes - you, or one of your pets. You can control this with a real level of specific detail, or pre-set instructions for your companions and colleagues with options like 'Provide Backup', 'Keep us Healthy' or 'Do What You Like'. And when you do enter into combat,you'll be greet with even more dynamic visuals as the action plays out.
All of this is delivered by the imagination and talent of two of Japan's leading creative studios - LEVEL-5 and Studio Ghibli. LEVEL-5 are the renowned studio behind the Professor Layton, Inazuma Eleven and Dragon Quest games, and bring all their experience in crafting story- and character-driven game mechanics to Ni no Kuni. The art, design and animation comes courtesy of the legendary Studio Ghibli, the anime producers responsible for films like Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle and more, and who even bring the acclaimed composer of many of these films, Joe Hisaishi , to produce the memorable score for the game.
The result is a game that expertly and seamlessly fuses the skills and genius of both creative forces, visually stunning with fully produced anime-style cut-scenes, powered by a cel-shaded graphics engine that produces cinema-quality real-time animation. Ni no Kuni offers you a world of environments, landscapes and cities, an animated movie universe inside a video game.