Monster Hunter Freedom (PSP Essentials) PSP
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Released on 10/09/2010
Players start by customising their own character, choosing the type of hair, face, voice and other various attributes their personalized monster hunter will possess. They can explore ahub village where they can sign up for various challenges ranging from retrieving a valuable egg from the nest of a menacing dragon to hunting down powerful creatures and much more. Hunters can scavenge defeated monsters for food, collect bones for weapons and armor, and even use pieces for decorative accessories. In addition, by completing objectives, players receive an array of rewards that allows them to upgrade their arsenal and equipment, readying them for even tougher battles.
Key Features of Monster Hunter Freedom for PSP:
- Breathtaking graphics – lush environments and detailed monsters are beautifully represented on the PSP system
- Modified quests enhance offline gameplay – whereas the previoustitles emphasized online gameplay, missions have been adjusted to offer more accessible single player experiences
- Ad hoc multiplayer
- Up to four can team up in cooperative multiplayer missions via the PSP system's ad hoc mode
- Players can also exchange certain items as well as guild cards which track points that are awarded when friends play together
- Enhanced village hub features a new look and includes various upgraded areas
- Expanded item shop – players can use quest rewards or pillaged items to upgrade more weapons and armor than before, as well as purchase items, ammo and food
- House area – hunters now have an improved home where they can store and manage items in a chest, save their progress by resting in bed, read magazines that provide useful game tips and access the new Felyne Kitchen area
- Farm – a brand new location where players can fish, garden, scavenge for items and more
- By investing with the town's representatives and dealing with the businesses, players contribute tothe growth and development of the area which creates additional options
- New Felyne Kitchen – hire these feisty creatures to create various culinary delights in their extraordinary kitchen
- Experience different effects from eating the specially prepared food such as increased attack power, defense and more
- Benefits from the food continue until a quest is cleared once
- The more these chefs are used, the higher their levels become, improving their cooking skills to produce even more helpful entrées
- Each cat has their own unique "special" ingredient which can produce different results that aid players in combat
- New "treasure hunters" two player co-op game
- Collect and deliver treasures in a specific time to achieve high scores and earn various items
- High value prizes are added to a collection list on a guild card which can be traded with friends
- Exciting mini games – collect items, harvest plants and complete other small tasks to obtain all kinds of useful items
- Brand new weapons and equipment provide even more options
The developer revealed at this week's Tokyo Game Show that a revamped version of the Wii hit Monster Hunter Tri is in development for Nintendo's handheld and will make its Japanese debut later this year.
Monster Hunter Tri G will include all of the features of the home console release plus new touch-based control options, as well as a host of additional creatures, quests, items and characters.
Capcom also announced that the next fully-fledged sequel in the series, Monster Hunter 4, is also coming to the Nintendo 3DS at some point in the future.
Monster Hunter has become one of the most successful franchises in Japan since its 2004 debut, with 18 million games having been sold so far.
Capcom announces new Monster Hunter g… (15/09/2011)
Capcom has announced that it will be bringing its multimillion-selling Monster Hunter series to the Nintendo 3DS.…
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
- Only £9.99
Free UK Delivery
PreownedOut of stock
- Only £4.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 80 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?