- 2 DVD
- 18 airplanes
- 40 high-detail airports (16 new to Flight Simulator)
- 28 high-detail cities
- 30+ structured missions
Flight Simulator X is the culmination of nearly 25 years of the landmark Flight Simulator franchise and its most significant addition to date.
The 10th addition to the highly successful Flight Simulator franchise, Flight Simulator X will immerse players in a beautifully rich and realistic world, offering a completely new and innovative gaming experience with dozens of new aircraft to choose from, including the AirCreation 582SL Ultralight and Maule M7-260C Orion with wheels and skis. Gamers of all ages, types and skill levels will experience firsthand what it is like to be an aviator traveling the globe either alone or online with others.
- Immersive world - Flight Simulator X offers players a rich and innovative gaming experience with new technological advancements, incredible graphics and added realism including weather, time of day and seasons. Pilots can watch moving cars and detailed buildings in cities below; traffic on highways; indigenous houses, farmland and livestock; and wildlife in its natural habitats.
- Mission-based gameplay - With the addition of new mission-based gameplay, players will have a specific purpose as their world comes alive for the first time with automobile traffic, moving boats and ships, and animal life. With more than 50 new missions to choose from, aviators can build their skill levels and engage in even more stimulating gameplay than before. Players can choose to compete in the Red Bull Air Race or bring relief materiel to the Congo, keeping track of their progress on each mission.
- New aircraft - Flight Simulator X will enable pilots to fly the aircraft of their dreams, from the DeHavilland DHC-2 Beaver floatplane and Grumman G-21A Goose to the AirCreation 582SL Ultralight and Maule M7-260C Orion with wheels and skis. Players will be amazed at the details - such as shaded rivets, reflective paint, and glint from glass and chrome - as they view the world from 100 feet to 1 million feet.
- Connected world - Through increased online gameplay capabilities, Flight Simulator X offers players a connected world where they can choose whom they want to be, from air-traffic controller to pilot or co-pilot, as they interact with other aviators from around the globe by chatting in real time via headset and keyboard.
- Interactive airports - More than 24,000 airports feature AI-controlled jetways, fuel trucks and moving baggage carts, allowing players to explore their hometown or venture to a favorite far-off city.