Medal of Honour Allied Assault Gold Edition PC
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Medal of Honour Allied Assault Gold Edition Product Details
Released on 07/11/2008
In Medal of Honor Allied Assault™ from Electronic Arts, players will assume the role of Lt. Mike Powell, member of the famed 1st Ranger Battalion who gets recruited by the OSS and battles through over 20 levels that are based on historical military campaigns of World War II. Set during the most trying years of the war, 1942-1945, Medal of Honor Allied Assault gives players a sense of the courage it took to survive the landings at Normandy, the assault at Arzew, a rendezvous with the Resistance outside the village of St. Lo, and the push through the heavily defended border of Germany itself to take the bridge at Remagen.
Staying true to all the gameplay features that made Medal of Honor™ one of the most acclaimed and best-selling games launched in 1999, Medal of Honor Allied Assault will build on the success of that game and add new player weapons, new interactive Allied vehicles such as Sherman tanks and M3 Half Tracks, smarter enemy AI, and the ability to call for artillery strikes.
Medal of Honor Allied Assault is headquartered in Cabinet War Rooms at Whitehall, dispatching players on numerous campaigns, each with specific objectives to meet in terms of infiltration, execution and exfiltration. Missions will be based in the deserts of North Africa, on the bloody shores of France, across the tundra of Norway, and, ultimately, over the Rhine into Nazi Germany. These missions range from silencing the gun batteries at Port Arzew, to sabotaging U-boats at the sub pens of Trondheim, surviving the landing at Omaha Beach, and finally, holding the Ludendorff Bridge at Remagen- the only battle where the Germans used their dreaded V2 rockets in a tactical capacity.
- Over 20 levels that the player must accomplish specific objectives and goals in order to succeed and advance.
- Fully realized 3-D worlds utilizing the powerful Quake® III engine.
- Over 1000 unique character animations for unsurpassed level of realism.
- Multiple online options including team combat and traditional last man standing modes.
- Encounters with 22 different enemies including Wehrmacht Snipers, Kradschützen Motorcycle Troops, and Gestapo Officers.
- Access to over 21 historically accurate World War II era weapons, including Thompson submachine guns, Mark II Frag Grenades, .50 al mounted machine guns, flame-throwers, and "sticky bombs".
- Four different stationary weapons that the player can use against the enemy.
- All new interactive vehicles including the M4 Sherman tank and the M3 Half Track.
- More than 18 enemy vehicles including the Tiger Mark I Heavy Tank, Stuka Dive Bombers, and V2 Rockets.
- Weather and time-of-day effects.
- Assault enemy units alone and as part of a crack military squad.
- Special "disguise" mode that allows players to put on enemy uniforms to evade capture.
- Highly destructible interactive environments.
- Original orchestral score by Medal of Honor composer Michael Giacchino.
- Sound effects by the award winning Medal of Honor sound design team at EALA.
Ready for another battle of the shooters? Following last years scuffle between Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3, EA has confirmed online rumours that a new entry in the Medal of Honor series will arrive this October, ready to go toe-to-toe with whatever Call of Duty game Treyarch is cooking up for Activision.
Warfighter will be developed entirely by developer Danger Close, which put together the single player portion of 2010's series reboot, simply called Medal of Honor. Battlefield developers DICE supplied the multiplayer for that title, but will not be involved with Warfighter. The game will still use the same Frostbite 2 engine, however.
In confirming the news, EA released an official piece of art, showing a special ops soldier in desert camouflage. The series began life as a Steven Spielberg produced World War 2 shooter, before being brought into modern day Afghanistan for the reboot. EA has yet to confirm any details about setting or story for this latest entry.
Ready for another battle of the shooters? Following last years scuffle between Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3, EA has confirmed online rumours that a new entry in the Medal of Honor series will ar…
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
NewOut of stock
- Only £2.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 24 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?