Mass Effect is a science fiction action-RPG from BioWare Corp., the commercially and critically acclaimed RPG developer of Jade Empire, Star Wars: Knights of The Old Republic, Neverwinter Nights, and the Baldur's Gate series. Mass Effect will deliver an immersive story driven gameplay experience with stunning visual fidelity. Published by Microsoft Game Studios, Mass Effect will be exclusively for the Xbox 360 video game system.
As the first human Specter – sworn defenders of galactic peace – your mission in Mass Effect is to halt the advancing armies of a legendary agent gone rogue. But as you lead your elite team across hostile alien worlds, you will discover the true threat is far greater than anyone imagined.
Mass Effect Features:
- Immersive RPG: Determine the fate of mankind in Mass Effect as you lead an elite tactical strike force through an epic galaxy-wide conflict. Mass Effect takes player into new depths of action-roleplaying, with choice-based gameplay.
- Rich and engaging storyline: While defending galactic peace and earning a position of respect for humanity in the community, Mass Effect players discover that a greater conflict between organic life and artificial intelligence exists. Players' decisions and actions in Mass Effect serve to shape the destiny of all life in the galaxy as you become absorbed in the story that is Mass Effect,the first game in an epic trilogy from BioWare. In Mass Effect, players become the center of an engrossing story as they battle against alien life forms to save the galaxy from threatening armies.
- Control the ultimate fate of the galaxy: In Mass Effect, player's decisions and actions shape the destiny of all life in the galaxy, while raising humanity to the pinnacle of galactic civilization via noble means or via tyranny.
- Real-time squad based combat: Mass Effect employs a real-time, squad based, tactical combat system. Mass Effect players will be immersed in intense, challenging and exciting combat.
- Explore uncharted worlds: In addition to Mass Effect's main story arc, Mass Effect sees players visiting a large number of uncharted, unexplored planets not directly tied to the main story. At any time during Mass Effect, a player can choose to explore one of these planets in an all-terrain rover in order to discover new alien life, resources, ruined civilisations and powerful technologies.
- Digital actors: Mass Effect features a huge cast of in-engine digital actors that you will encounter as NPCs, enemies or as party members. Each has lifelike facial and body movements, and an advanced dialogue system gives them engaging personalities.
- Character customisation: Mass Effect players will be able to choose from a variety of stunning, photo-realistic character appearances at the start of the game, and throughout the game can increase various statistics which will have an impact on their performance during gameplay. Equipment, weapons and armor that are acquired during the course of Mass Effect will change the appearance of the characters.
- Next-generation gaming defined: Mass Effect takes advantage of Xbox 360's hardware providing gamers with exciting new experiences, including photo-realistic, high definition graphics on an epic scale. As the future of gaming goes online, features including premium downloadable content and recognition of achievement will be available via Xbox Live.