Along with the fun and dynamic gameplay known to the franchise, surprise your opponents with a new move to the series, the Jumpshot, which sends the ball flying down the court. Change the sport up with new Mega Battles, using the Mega Mushroom to gain an advantage over the competition.
Along with the fun and dynamic gameplay known to the franchise, surprise your opponents with a new move to the series, the Jumpshot, which sends the ball flying down the court. Change the sport up with new Mega Battles, using the Mega Mushroom to gain an advantage over the competition. Claim your spot in Mario Tennis lore in singles (1v1) or doubles (2v2) as you play with and against family, friends or the CPU using returning and new characters to the series.
- Compete with friends in the multiplayer Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash game on the Wii U system.
- Play against friends and family in multiplayer matches.
- Play against friends and family in both singles (1v1) and doubles (2v2) matches as your favorite Mushroom Kingdom character.
- Control your character’s every movement on the court, using precise timing and the correct shot to outwit your opponent.
- Use the new Jumpshot technique to return shots like never before.
- In Mega Battles, get the Mega Mushroom to gain a “big” advantage over your competition.
- New characters make their Mario Tennis debut.
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash offers brand new fun for court competitors, including the ability to team up with amiibo. Supported amiibo* can be your partner in online doubles matches, or join you to battle strong computer-controlled opponents in the offline Knockout Challenge mode. The more matches your amiibo plays, the more experience it’ll gain, becoming a uniquely powerful team-mate as its abilities increase over time.
* Currently available compatible amiibo include Mario, Luigi, Peach, Bowser, Yoshi, Rosalina, Wario, Toad and Donkey Kong.
Pegi Rating:Suitable for people aged 3 and over.
- Tap your amiibo and train up the perfect doubles partner!
- In Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, you can tap a compatible amiibo to the Wii U GamePad to bring your favourite Mushroom Kingdom characters into the game and use them in exciting ways! You can train up the perfect doubles partner with amiibo! Invite an amiibo to play alongside you and they'll learn from your play style, improving with each game.
- You can use amiibo on Wii U by tapping them to the NFC touchpoint on the Wii U GamePad.