Mario Kart gets the next gen treatment in the aptly title Mario Kart Wii and here at Game we're more than happy to welcome Mario Kart's first foray into next generation gaming. If you've never played the game before in any of it various incarnations, it's all about getting from the Starting line to the finish as quickly as possible. So it's a simple racing game. Yes?
It's so much more,,, Firstly this is the mushroom kingdom, so it's done in the crazy style of the world renowned Mario series, so you realise there's going to be just smidgeon of madness thrown in. Racing as one of the characters from Mario's world, players can beat the brightly-coloured daylights out of each other with a bonanza of power-ups.
- Players can race as their favorite Nintendo character, or even as themselves, Mario Kart Wii lets players race with their personalized Mii™ characters. And racers will see other Mii characters they have created cheering from the sidelines on some race courses.
- Cruise new tracks and arenas or tour classic courses from Super Mario Kart™, Mario Kart® 64, Mario Kart®: Super Circuit™, Mario Kart®: Double Dash,,™ and Mario Kart® DS. Tired of riding on four wheels? Bust out one of the new motorbikes for special tricks and techniques.
- Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Whether racing around an obstacle-filled track or battling in an arena, drifting and tossing items are the keys to Mario Kart success. Players can shake the Wii Remote while launching off a ramp to pull off a trick that will temporarily boost their speed. When riding a bike, players can gain additional speed by flicking the Wii Remote up and popping a wheelie.
- Control: Mario Kart Wii is compatible with four different control schemes, so players can customize how they want to play: Wii Remote Controller (with or without Wii Wheel): Steer by tilting the Wii Remote left and right. Or snap the Wii Remote into the Wii Wheel to transform it into a steering wheel for an intuitive, motion-based control scheme. Nunchuk Controller: Steer with the Control Stick on the Nunchuk and use the Wii Remote to accelerate, perform tricks and drift. Classic Controller: Mario Kart veterans can let their thumbs do the driving with the Classic Controller. However, players cannot perform certain moves with this control scheme.Nintendo GameCube™ Controller: Experienced Mario Kart fans may also enjoy this familiar scheme, although some maneuvers cannot be performed.
- Players can compete with up to three friends in their living room. Or challenge up to 11 opponents via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection in the biggest Mario Kart race yet. All tracks and modes of play are available via Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection, and players can visit the Mario Kart Channel to compete in tournaments, check rankings, see when their friends are playing and download ghost data.
All the madness of the Mushroom Kingdom's most insane racing event has finally arrived for Nintendo's revolutionary Wii Console, so hold on to your hats! It's going to be a mad cap ride to the finish line.
Pegi Rating:Suitable for people aged 3 and over.
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!