Release Date: 05/11/2008
BAFTA Winner: Artistic Achievement
Shortlist game for the GAME Award of 2008
In the glued and stitched-together 3D landscape of LittleBigPlanet for PS3, players have the power to design, shape and build both objects and entire locations for others to view and play. There's no complicated level editor in LittleBigPlanet; all of these skills can be learned by simply playing the game. Creativity is part of the LittleBigPlanet PS3 gameplay experience and playing is part of the creative experience. LittleBigPlanet Players can make their world as open or as secretive to explore as they like. When it's ready, they can invite anyone within the LittleBigPlanet community to come and explore their patch - or can go and explore everybody else's.
LittleBigPlanet on PS3 Features:
- Play LittleBigPlanet, learn the skills and then find your own way to play: There isn't a set solution to anything - you live LittleBigPlanet however you want to.
- Create your own content: LittleBigPlanet lets you customise your character and build your own locations. You have the power to rearrange anything in LittleBigPlanet's unbelievably tactile landscape.
- Build, move, create, collaborate: Then share your LittleBigPlanet content with friends or publicly by inviting the whole world to come and visit your own location on LittleBigPlanet!
- There's not just one way to play: LittleBigPlanet players craft their own individual experience!
- Unlimited possibilities for user-created content: LittleBigPlanet players can customise everything: their characters, the landscape around them and their own patch on LittleBigPlanet.
- LittleBigPlanet Players discover and win new skills and items: These to aid them on their creative journey.
- Initial levels are provided: Endless others will be user-generated on a global scale. LittleBigPlanet will change every day as players contribute their own levels!
- Online and offline multiplayer modes: play LittleBigPlanet alone, work as a team or get competitive!
- LittleBigPlanet global community for players to get involved with: includes LittleBigPlanet player comments, rankings and easy communication with new and existing friends.
Suitable for people aged 7 and over.