LittleBigPlanet 2 PlayStation 3
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
LittleBigPlanet 2 Product Details
Released on 21/01/2011
LittleBigPlanet™ 2 for the PS3 system providing fans a new means to PLAY, CREATE, and SHARE. It all begins with a brand new story mode that provides a beautifully reshaped world for Sackboy to explore and PLAY. Each story level is influenced by cultural high points in history and is visually stunning when seen through the game’s revamped graphics engine. This franchise has always empowered players to CREATE their own levels with the same tool set used by the development team. Therefore, LittleBigPlanet 2 will offer revolutionary gameplay mechanics and a level of customization and creative control that has never been seen before. With the implementation of a new CREATE mode, the tools have evolved to allow users to not only make better levels, but completely new games across multiple genres.
Players can reset the controller buttons for any object and change the rules to any level through an ability called Direct Control and new multiplayer abilities advance the types of games possible for a social/competitive experience— imagine racing games, flying games, shooters, puzzle games, sports, action/adventure, and more. And finally, what would a LittleBigPlanet game be without new SHARE abilities. Users will be able to link levels together to provide longer gameplay experiences without the breakup of going back to the ‘Pod’ and you’ll be able to see what LittleBigPlanet 2 levels/games your friends are playing via activity steams, so gamers will now spend less time searching and more time playing the millions of levels/games created by gamers around the world!
- More Than 40 New Story Levels Across Six Themes – Everything in LittleBigPlanet 2 is influenced by cultural high points in history providing an artistically reworked canvas for Sackboy to explore. All of the new levels and territories to PLAY fuse different historical ideas together to create fresh aesthetics that populate this new world, with themes including: Techno Renaissance, Steampunk and Cake, Neon Propaganda, Fluffy High-Tech, Designer Organic, and Hand-made Arcade.
- Four-Player Offline/Online Multiplayer – New game/scoring modes allow players to include, scoreboards, and other elements in their creations to advance the types of games possible for a four-player social/competitive multiplayer experience, including puzzle, racing/sports, and action/adventure games. Players can also make Sack-buddies with other players across the world while they PLAY, CREATE, and SHARE together online.
- New Gadgets – Along his adventure, Sackboy will have new tools and equipment to aid him on his journey, including a Grapple Hook for swinging across large gaps and pulling small objects towards you, Power Gloves for picking things up and throwing them, and a customizable Creatinator for Sackboy to carry that spews out anything a creator desires.
- CREATE Full-Scale Games – Evolved CREATE tools allow users to not only make better levels, but completely new games. Featuring new Controlinator abilities, players can reset the controller buttons for any object and change the rules to any level. Your vehicles and creations can behave exactly the way you want them to. LittleBigPlanet 2 can become your own handmade arcade to CREATE games across multiple genres— imagine racing games, flying games, shooters, puzzle games, sports, action/adventure, and more—anything you can image, you can CREATE.
- A.I. Sackbots – Customizable Sackbots (non player Sackboys) are interactive, programmable non player characters that bring the game to life. Customize sizing and clothing for each individual or group of Sackbots, place them in your game creations or cut-scenes, dress them up, choose different behavior patterns (make them mean or friendly, safe or dangerous), and even record your own voiceovers and/or actions for them to perform.
- Cinematic Cut-Scene Maker – A new camera system, along with cinematic tools makes it easy to CREATE full cut-scenes, whether as stand-alone movies or cut-sequences in levels, for a more immersive and narrative experience to PLAY. You now have full control over camera position, movement (including tilt, zoom and shake), transitions, and timings, as well as the ability record full voice-overs for Sackboys and Sackbots that can be used in music videos, short films or even entire movies.
- New CREATE Materials – Players will have new base materials with a selection of Filters, dangerous Plasma to add to fire and electricity, Electrical Neon that can change color with a switch, and Holographic material to make your own HUDS, all added to the infinite amount of stickers, decorations, materials (glass, metal, sponge, polystyrene, cardboard, and rubber), bolts (springs, motor, and wobble bolts), and rods to choose from while you CREATE.
- New CREATE Tools – Multiple new gadgets are at your disposal, including a Level Link Badge to jump from level to level by simply placing a badge without going back to the ‘Pod,’ Global Gravity to change the effects of gravity within the whole scene, Bounce Pads to launch Sackboys and Sackbots in the air, a Smoke Machine for a smoke releasing effect, and Circuit Boards which enable creators to layout complex logic connections onto a single chip. No longer do creators have to conceal complex tangles of logic strings behind curtains, they can now simply add to a Circuit Board and hide it away. Circuit Boards can also be used to control the behavior of Sackbots.
- Backwards Compatible – LittleBigPlanet 2 players can enjoy the more than two million online community levels created with the original game, levels that will look even better when seen through our revamped graphics engine. All purchased and earned downloadable content from LittleBigPlanet can be used as well.
- PLAY, CREATE, SHARE – The LittleBigPlanet franchise continues to bring its revolutionary PLAY, CREATE, SHARE concept and the most accessible design tools to the videogame industry. There are brand new developer and user-generated levels to explore and PLAY, a huge host of materials, tools, stickers, and more to CREATE, and a robust set of online features for the community to SHARE with each other via PlayStation Network. In LittleBigPlanet 2, the world is full of infinite possibilities, where imagination becomes reality and the powers of creation are firmly in the players’ hands.
- Core Gameplay – The experience starts with players customizing Sackboy, the stitched-together main character in LittleBigPlanet 2. From there, players learn how Sackboy interacts physically with the surrounding environment in Story Mode. Players are tasked with making their way across LittleBigPlanet 2 to discover all the quirky, wonderful, and colorful landscapes, while solving puzzles and collecting items that can be used to CREATE games.
- Customized Experience – Whether the player is a fashion designer, an architect, or aspiring video game developer, they can show their talents off with the easy-to-use creation tools to build unique levels/games that can be used as a presentation, an in-game fashion show, a photo album, or a creative homage to your pet. In this stylish and stitched-together 3D craft material world, there is fun to be had for all ages, tastes, and player type.
- Endless Gaming Experience – With more than 2.5 million user generated levels published for LittleBigPlanet on the PlayStation Network, fans will never run out of exciting environments to explore. And there’s no telling how many new games will joins these levels online once LittleBigPlanet 2 launches!
Sony has confirmed that the much-rumoured LittleBigPlanet 2 will release this year, officially unveiling the game to selected members of the specialist press and detailing a wealth of brand new features for what's likely to be one of the most anticipated games of 2010.
The franchise's loveable avatar Sackboy returns, this time in possession of a grappling hook which offers a much quicker way to get around, as well as causing a great deal of knockabout chaos in multiplayer. The hook is also handy for those wanting to make levels, too - letting Sackboy grab items more easily.
The creative aspect has been expanded significantly, with players now able to work in a number of different genres, while a hugely flexible camera system will let players craft their own story sequences: essentially, users will be able to create entire games rather than just single levels. Meanwhile, the new 'digital puppetry' system offers the chance to make creatures and machines with their own artificial intelligence.
With early footage showing a top down racing game, an Arkanoid clone and a side-scrolling space shooter, it seems LittleBigPlanet 2 will offer more creative freedom than ever before. Expect to hear more about this PS3-exclusive sequel in the run-up to its release this winter.
Sony has dropped a very cuddly, home-made bomb: LittleBigPlanet 2 will be released in the US on 16th November. That means that the chances are very good that we'll be getting the game in November as well.
While there's no firm date announced for Europe, it would be unlikely that a release as big as this would be delayed for too long.
If you aren't in the know, LittleBigPlanet 2 is the sequel to the best-selling Playstation 3 game, which lets you play through and build your own 2D platform games. The sequel ups the ante, providing tools which should help you to make any kind of game at all, from racers, RTS titles, to side-scrolling shooters. There's a handy creative interface to use, and you can share your work with people around the world. If you built a load of stuff for the first LittleBigPlanet, don't worry: it will still work in the sequel apparently. How thoughtful!
As if that wasn't enough, the PlayStation 3 exclusive will also be getting a special collector's edition. The box will contain: a plushie Sackboy (the game's mascot), LBP-themed book ends, loads of exclusive costumes and five LBP2 PlayStation Network avatars. Nice!
If you thought the only thing you could build with LittleBigPlanet 2's suite of level creation tools was homages to early Super Mario games, think again. The band N-Dubz have used the game to make a music video for their next single, Took It All Away.
It's charming stuff, too, with Dappy, Tulisa, and Fazer translated into Sackboys and dancing around in a range of lavish LittleBigPlanet settings. Players will also be able to use the N-Dubz characters in their own levels. Be nice, mind.
Whatever you think of N-Dubz, of course, there's no escaping the fact that LittleBigPlanet 2 is an astonishing game, with a range of brilliant platform levels for you to enjoy, and a rich range of tools that let you build and share your own work online. From music videos to racing games and even shooters, nothing's impossible in Sackboy's world, and it's all delivered with a brilliant hand-made look that comes complete with buttons, stitching, and weird bits of fabric.
LittleBigPlanet 2 is a brilliant piece of entertainment, then. Check the PlayStation 3 exclusive out right now - it's available in a shop near you.
You like big games that offer lots of entertainment value, right? Well check out the LittleBigPlanet franchise two games in on the PlayStation 3, and the make-your-own-game game has seen more than four million user-created levels brought to life.
That according to the PlayStation Blog, anyway thanks, Eurogamer where the game product manager Alex Pavey has announced that a grand total of 4,141,742 levels have been uploaded by players of LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2 around the world.
Apparently, that means that if you played the games for 12 hours every day, and tried out each level for five minutes, it would take you 78 years to chew through all that content. Wow!
"For us the most exciting thing has always been seeing what the community does with a LittleBigPlanet game when they get their hands on the new features and tools," said the game developer Media Molecule in a celebratory statement. "We're constantly delighted and amazed by their ingenuity and creativity, and it's so inspiring to see the level of affection that exists for LittleBigPlanet amongst fans around the world."
LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 are delightful platform games in which you can put Sackboy through his running and jumping paces, or get stuck in to make your own levels to share online. Both games are PlayStation 3 exclusives.
Beloved UK developer Media Molecule has admitted that it's taking a step away from Sackboy and the PlayStation 3 exclusive LittleBigPlanet franchise for its next project, but fans of the hand-stitched hero shouldn't be too disheartened.
LBP will still be making an appearance on Sony's upcoming PlayStation Vita handheld, with development duties for that version falling to fledgling Britsoft studio, Double11. And Media Molecule hasn't abandoned its patchwork world entirely, as work is ongoing for major PlayStation Move additions to the hugely popular LittleBigPlanet 2, as well as special educational levels for schools, using Sackboy to teach kids about core subjects such as maths, physics and the importance of collecting stickers, hats and cakes. So it seems that even if his creators are stepping back, Sackboy will still be a gaming fixture for the foreseeable future.
What Media Molecule has planned next is still top secret, but there's little chance of it being a space marine first-person shooter. The Surrey-based studio, founded by former Lionhead staffers, has made its name through innovative and imaginative fresh ideas. What is for sure is that their next game will be another Sony exclusive the hardware giant snapped up the studio in March 2010.
Is Sackboy the next Lewis Hamilton? He will be if Sony gets its way, as the publisher has confirmed that LittleBigPlanet Karting will grace the PlayStation 3 later this year.
In keeping with Sackboy's original games, there will be a strong emphasis on user-created content, with a new construction tool enabling players to create their own courses and game modes in full 3D. Both racing and battle modes will be supported.
"We are very eager to see what you think of this union and especially excited to see what happens now that you have a 3D environment to create in!" said a Media Molecule post on the official Sony blog. "It's the start of a whole new LBP world!"
"Our goal with LBP Karting has been fairly simple - provide a fast-paced experience that captures the best of classic karting gameplay, married with the unbridled creativity of LBP," adds senior producer James Grieve of United Front Games. "This new adventure will be accessible to players of all ages and have all of the variety necessary to satisfy both the hardcore and more casual players."
LittleBigPlanet Karting is set for release later in 2012.
The Sackboy is back in town - LittleBigPlanet sequel detailed…
Sony dates LittleBigPlanet 2…
If you thought the only thing you could build with LittleBigPlanet 2's suite of level creation tools was homages to early Super Mario games, think again. The band N-Dubz have used the game to make a m…
You like big games that offer lots of entertainment value, right? Well check out the LittleBigPlanet franchise two games in on the PlayStation 3, and the make-your-own-game game has seen more than fou…
Beloved UK developer Media Molecule has admitted that it's taking a step away from Sackboy and the PlayStation 3 exclusive LittleBigPlanet franchise for its next project, but fans of the hand-stitched…
Is Sackboy the next Lewis Hamilton? He will be if Sony gets its way, as the publisher has confirmed that LittleBigPlanet Karting will grace the PlayStation 3 later this year.…
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
NewOut of stock
- Only £19.99
Free UK Delivery
- Only £14.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 160 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?