Little Big Planet 2 Platinum PlayStation 3
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Little Big Planet 2 Platinum Product Details
Released on TBD
LittleBigPlanet™ 2 for the PS3 system providing fans a new means to PLAY, CREATE, and SHARE. It all begins with a brand new story mode that provides a beautifully reshaped world for Sackboy to explore and PLAY. Each story level is influenced by cultural high points in history and is visually stunning when seen through the game’s revamped graphics engine. This franchise has always empowered players to CREATE their own levels with the same tool set used by the development team. Therefore, LittleBigPlanet 2 will offer revolutionary gameplay mechanics and a level of customization and creative control that has never been seen before. With the implementation of a new CREATE mode, the tools have evolved to allow users to not only make better levels, but completely new games across multiple genres.
Players can reset the controller buttons for any object and change the rules to any level through an ability called Direct Control and new multiplayer abilities advance the types of games possible for a social/competitive experience— imagine racing games, flying games, shooters, puzzle games, sports, action/adventure, and more. And finally, what would a LittleBigPlanet game be without new SHARE abilities. Users will be able to link levels together to provide longer gameplay experiences without the breakup of going back to the ‘Pod’ and you’ll be able to see what LittleBigPlanet 2 levels/games your friends are playing via activity steams, so gamers will now spend less time searching and more time playing the millions of levels/games created by gamers around the world!
- More Than 40 New Story Levels Across Six Themes – Everything in LittleBigPlanet 2 is influenced by cultural high points in history providing an artistically reworked canvas for Sackboy to explore. All of the new levels and territories to PLAY fuse different historical ideas together to create fresh aesthetics that populate this new world, with themes including: Techno Renaissance, Steampunk and Cake, Neon Propaganda, Fluffy High-Tech, Designer Organic, and Hand-made Arcade.
- Four-Player Offline/Online Multiplayer – New game/scoring modes allow players to include, scoreboards, and other elements in their creations to advance the types of games possible for a four-player social/competitive multiplayer experience, including puzzle, racing/sports, and action/adventure games. Players can also make Sack-buddies with other players across the world while they PLAY, CREATE, and SHARE together online.
- New Gadgets – Along his adventure, Sackboy will have new tools and equipment to aid him on his journey, including a Grapple Hook for swinging across large gaps and pulling small objects towards you, Power Gloves for picking things up and throwing them, and a customizable Creatinator for Sackboy to carry that spews out anything a creator desires.
- CREATE Full-Scale Games – Evolved CREATE tools allow users to not only make better levels, but completely new games. Featuring new Controlinator abilities, players can reset the controller buttons for any object and change the rules to any level. Your vehicles and creations can behave exactly the way you want them to. LittleBigPlanet 2 can become your own handmade arcade to CREATE games across multiple genres— imagine racing games, flying games, shooters, puzzle games, sports, action/adventure, and more—anything you can image, you can CREATE.
- A.I. Sackbots – Customizable Sackbots (non player Sackboys) are interactive, programmable non player characters that bring the game to life. Customize sizing and clothing for each individual or group of Sackbots, place them in your game creations or cut-scenes, dress them up, choose different behavior patterns (make them mean or friendly, safe or dangerous), and even record your own voiceovers and/or actions for them to perform.
- Cinematic Cut-Scene Maker – A new camera system, along with cinematic tools makes it easy to CREATE full cut-scenes, whether as stand-alone movies or cut-sequences in levels, for a more immersive and narrative experience to PLAY. You now have full control over camera position, movement (including tilt, zoom and shake), transitions, and timings, as well as the ability record full voice-overs for Sackboys and Sackbots that can be used in music videos, short films or even entire movies.
- New CREATE Materials – Players will have new base materials with a selection of Filters, dangerous Plasma to add to fire and electricity, Electrical Neon that can change color with a switch, and Holographic material to make your own HUDS, all added to the infinite amount of stickers, decorations, materials (glass, metal, sponge, polystyrene, cardboard, and rubber), bolts (springs, motor, and wobble bolts), and rods to choose from while you CREATE.
- New CREATE Tools – Multiple new gadgets are at your disposal, including a Level Link Badge to jump from level to level by simply placing a badge without going back to the ‘Pod,’ Global Gravity to change the effects of gravity within the whole scene, Bounce Pads to launch Sackboys and Sackbots in the air, a Smoke Machine for a smoke releasing effect, and Circuit Boards which enable creators to layout complex logic connections onto a single chip. No longer do creators have to conceal complex tangles of logic strings behind curtains, they can now simply add to a Circuit Board and hide it away. Circuit Boards can also be used to control the behavior of Sackbots.
- Backwards Compatible – LittleBigPlanet 2 players can enjoy the more than two million online community levels created with the original game, levels that will look even better when seen through our revamped graphics engine. All purchased and earned downloadable content from LittleBigPlanet can be used as well.
- PLAY, CREATE, SHARE – The LittleBigPlanet franchise continues to bring its revolutionary PLAY, CREATE, SHARE concept and the most accessible design tools to the videogame industry. There are brand new developer and user-generated levels to explore and PLAY, a huge host of materials, tools, stickers, and more to CREATE, and a robust set of online features for the community to SHARE with each other via PlayStation Network. In LittleBigPlanet 2, the world is full of infinite possibilities, where imagination becomes reality and the powers of creation are firmly in the players’ hands.
- Core Gameplay – The experience starts with players customizing Sackboy, the stitched-together main character in LittleBigPlanet 2. From there, players learn how Sackboy interacts physically with the surrounding environment in Story Mode. Players are tasked with making their way across LittleBigPlanet 2 to discover all the quirky, wonderful, and colorful landscapes, while solving puzzles and collecting items that can be used to CREATE games.
- Customized Experience – Whether the player is a fashion designer, an architect, or aspiring video game developer, they can show their talents off with the easy-to-use creation tools to build unique levels/games that can be used as a presentation, an in-game fashion show, a photo album, or a creative homage to your pet. In this stylish and stitched-together 3D craft material world, there is fun to be had for all ages, tastes, and player type.
- Endless Gaming Experience – With more than 2.5 million user generated levels published for LittleBigPlanet on the PlayStation Network, fans will never run out of exciting environments to explore. And there’s no telling how many new games will joins these levels online once LittleBigPlanet 2 launches!
Sony wowed the crowds at E3 in Los Angeles earlier this year, basing its big press presentation around exciting original new titles like The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls. In a sea of sequels, the PlayStation was determined to be seen as the home of fresh ideas. That's a path that Sony continued down for its showcase at the German industry fair Gamescom, using its presentation to reveal another five fantastic looking games.
Hardcore gamers will be thrilled to learn that Killzone will be coming to the PlayStation Vita in the shape of Killzone Mercenaries. It'll be a first-person shooter, developed on the same game engine as Killzone 3, and it'll have a Dirty Dozen feel, with Earth and Helghast soldiers working together on a series of ugly, tough missions.
Media Molecule, creator of LittleBigPlanet, also had good news for PlayStation Vita owners. Its new game, Tearaway, is a typically charming effort set in a world made of paper. You'll be able to poke your fingers "into" the world using the Vita's front and rear touchscreens and rip stuff up.
Sony Japan is also getting in on the action, showcasing two quirky new titles. Puppeteer tells the story of a boy who is turned into a puppet, has his head chopped off and must then retrieve his noggin. Rain, on the other hand, finds you controlling an invisible boy who can only be seen by the shapes he leaves in a world of perpetual downpour.
PlayStation Move got some love as well, with horror game Until Dawn. Modelled on the classic slasher movies, you can control seven characters trying to last the night in a remote location as an unknown lunatic bumps you off, one at a time. You'll use the Move wand as a torch as you explore the gloomy, gory world.
Rumours abound that new next generation consoles will be announced soon, but when you consider the already announced Vita exclusive Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified, as well as guaranteed blockbusters The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls, and it looks like the current PlayStation platforms have got a long way to go before they run out of juice.
Sony wowed the crowds at E3 in Los Angeles earlier this year, basing its big press presentation around exciting original new titles like The Last of Us and Beyond: Two Souls. In a sea of sequels, the …
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
- Only £19.99
Free UK Delivery
- Only £9.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 160 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?