Love mystery novels, but want influence over the plot? Get your detective head on for Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
Kyle Hyde - the dark and mysterious character who many will remember from Hotel Dusk: Room 215 on Nintendo DS returns in Last Window: The Secret of Cape West for another quest to discover the truth.
Last Window is a thrilling and challenging interactive novel packed with hidden mysteries, which players must unravel one piece at a time. Just like a great book, players will find the ever-twisting storyline so captivating they’ll not want to put it down. Unlike a book however this game allows players to actually influence how the story develops! Decisions the player makes throughout the game will alter Kyle’s journey and result in different outcomes in the storyline.
Set in Los Angeles in 1980, a year after the events in Hotel Dusk: Room 215, the story follows the investigation of Kyle Hyde, a former police officer, as he attempts to solve a mystery involving his father's murder and secretive past. Knowledge of Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is not essential for players to help Kyle crack the mystery behind Cape West, the former hotel which is now his apartment building.
With beautifully sketched, fully rendered 3D environments, plus easy-to-use Touch Screen controls for navigating environments and controlling characters, it is easy to lose yourself in this story. While this game is packed with clues, it will test the keenest puzzle solver. Think Professor Layton puzzle-solving, immersed within a great and rich film noir-esque story!
- Game allows players to influence how the story develops
- Just like a great book, players hold the Nintendo DS vertically
- Every time the player completes a chapter of the in-game novel, this episode is adapted into text form to be read at anytime.The novel also acts as a hint section.
- Knowledge of Hotel Dusk: Room 215 is not essential for users to help Kyle crack the mystery, so this game can be enjoyed by everyone.
- The Nintendo DS in-built microphone can be used to solve some of the mysteries.
- Gamers can listen to Jazz music on the Juke Box during gameplay.