Kung Fu Panda PlayStation 3
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Kung Fu Panda Product Details
Released on 27/06/2008
In the Kung Fu Panda videogame, players embark on an epic, action-packed adventure as they master the specialised Kung Fu fighting styles of Po the Panda, the unlikely hero, his teacher Shifu, and the legendary Kung Fu masters, the Furious Five: Monkey, Tigress, Viper, Mantis and Crane. Through 13 legendary levels from the Kung Fu Panda movie and beyond, and spanning land, water and air, Kung Fu Panda players must work their way to become the Dragon Warrior and defeat the ultimate enemy, Tai Lung, as they battle a variety of foes, overcome dangerous obstacles, navigate multi-tiered environments and solve challenging puzzles. Featuring a deep variety of gameplay, unique co-op and competitive multiplayer modes, collectibles, and a host of character upgrades, the Kung Fu Panda videogame provides an experience gamers of all ages will enjoy.
Kung Fu Panda Features:
- Kung Fu Awesomeness: Kung Fu Panda players embark on a legendary journey to fulfill Po’s destiny to become the Dragon Warrior. Learn and master Po, Shifu and the Furious Five’s specialised Kung Fu fighting styles, abilities and upgrades in order to defeat Kung Fu Panda's formidable bosses like the Great Gorilla, the Wolf Sergeant and the ultimate enemy, Tai Lung.
- Bodacious Humor: Kung Fu Panda’s unique brand of humor, quick-witted dialogue and hilarious situations bring the game to life for Kung Fu Panda players of all ages to enjoy.
- Play as all Your Favorite Kung Fu Panda Characters: Gamers learn to utilise the special abilities and combat skills of Po, Shifu, Monkey, Tigress, Viper, Crane and Mantis. As gameplay progresses, Kung Fu Panda players unlock and experience each character’s special moves and upgrades:
- Master Po’s signature “Panda Style” maneuvers: Kung Fu Panda includes the Panda Quake, Panda Stumble and Iron Belly Blast. Plus earn awesome Kung Fu Panda Kung Fu upgrades increasing Po’s strength, speed and agility, as he progresses from the unlikely hero to the powerful Dragon Warrior.
- Play as Po’s teacher, Shifu: Kung Fu Panda's Shifu is a quick, agile and impressively skilled Kung Fu master. Kung Fu Panda players make use of Shifu’s wisdom and speed to perfect his whirlwind techniques.
- Take control of the daring Tigress: Utilise her fluid and powerful moves focusing on fast, stylised combat that allows Kung Fu Panda gamers to master the Leaping Force and Tiger Charge maneuvers.
- Monkey’s spring-loaded tail attacks and explosive style: Play as one of the fastest Kung Fu masters around. Monkey's acrobatic abilities will let Kung Fu Panda players execute a variety of lightening-fast platforming moves.
- Viper’s snake-like stealth abilities: Kung Fu Panda gamers can utilise her stealth abilities to pull off such moves as the Umbrella, Enemy Taxi and Choking Coil attacks.
- Players will soar with Crane’s Surface-to-Air Attacks: Using graceful and light footed movements, Kung Fu Panda players will Fly, Glide and Swoop.
- Mantis’ super strength: Although the smallest of the Furious Five, Mantis posesses strong grab maneuvers and super quick burst moves which allow Kung Fu Panda players to deliver powerful and paralysing strikes to foes.
- Relive the Kung Fu Panda Movie and Go Beyond With Exclusive Content: Experience favorite moments based on the Kung Fu Panda film and discover never-before-seen, game-exclusive content co-created by DreamWorks Animation and Activision including a variety of environments, such as the mystical Lotus Lake, and characters, like the baddest ninja cats around, the Wu Sisters.
- Experience 13 Legendary Kung Fu Panda Levels: Kung Fu Panda players traverse 13 multi-stage levels from the movie and beyond, spanning air, water and land, to battle a variety of foes, overcome dangerous obstacles, navigate multi-tiered environments and solve challenging puzzles.
- Join friends in multi-player Kung Fu Panda action and co-op mode: Kung Fu Panda gamers can go head-to-head against friends across a wide variety of battle arenas with their favorite Kung Fu Panda characters including Po and the Furious Five, Tai Lung, the ferocious Ox and others. Kung Fu Panda players can also team up in cooperative mode to work through a series of unique challenges and defeat dangerous enemies.
Feel the Fu, baby!
Videogames based on movies don't, it's fair to say, have the best reputation. There's nothing more disappointing than enjoying a film at the flicks, getting the game home and finding it's just a bit of a cash-in, devoid of decent gameplay, and failing to capture the silver screen's sense of fun. It's a problem that often gets worse when applied to games based on animated children's films, with simplified gameplay and an overall lack of challenge leading such titles to trade-in bins all too quickly.
Pleasingly, that's not a criticism you could level at Kung Fu Panda, which combines the family-friendly fun of the film with great looks and excellent action-packed gameplay. The result is a title that's both one of the better movie games in a long while, and easily the best non-LEGO kid's game in recent memory.
Following the film
As you'd expect, the Kung Fu Panda game follows the film, placing you in the starring role of wannabe Kung Fu legend Po the Panda, who dreams day and night of becoming the mythical Dragon Warrior. Funnily enough that's exactly what happens over the course of the film, and the game does a good job of charting this story, as well as interspersing extra non-film levels that tie in with the overall plot.
Combines the family-friendly fun of the film with great looks and excellent action-packed gameplay.
Kung Fu Panda is what we like to call a hack-and-slash type title. Like God of War and Devil May Cry, simple combo-based brawling is the order of the day here, with Po paw-and-clawing with both fast and strong attacks, stringing them together with rapid button presses and joining them up with blocks, dodges, jumps and various Chi-powered special moves. These include a belly smash called Panda Quake and a Sonic spindash style attack called the Panda Stumble.
Unlike God of War however, Kung Fu Panda isn't a violent bloodbath, but instead treads the fine line between colourful kid-aimed visuals and chunky, robust-feeling fighting. There's the occasional platforming section plus a few Quick Time Events in there too, and the odd instance where you'll control a different character provides variety.
Fun for kids
It's not the most original game ever devised of course, and experienced gamers will likely breeze through it without breaking a sweat, but for younger players Kung Fu Panda will certainly provide hours of entertainment across its 13 film-inspired levels.
Once they've finished the main story mode, kids will find a fair few reasons to come back to Kung Fu Panda. Collecting coins throughout the singleplayer story unlocks various multiplayer modes, including a Smash Bros. style four-player fighting mode and some great little minigames, like Kung Fu Panda's takes on Yahtzee and Othello.
A great gaming rendition of a fantastic family film, put together with care, attention to detail and intelligent design.
It's a shame there's no online play option, but they're still fun bonuses that give a reason to hold onto Kung Fu Panda long after first finishing the singleplayer story, while three different difficulty settings are available to those who really want to eke every last bit of playability from the game.
It's also worth noting just how great the game looks and sounds. Kung Fu Panda's next-gen versions are verging on movie-quality themselves, with 'awesome' (as Po would say) voice acting by the likes of Jack Black [A god among men! – Ed] and bright, colourful HD visuals. Kung Fu Panda on the less powerful system versions don't look half bad either, for that matter.
A rare effort
It's rare that a developer puts this much effort into a licensed based game of any sorts, let alone one aimed ostensibly at kids, and Kung Fu Panda is an even more impressive package because of it.
Indeed, Kung Fu Panda comes highly recommended for younger fans. It's a great gaming rendition of a fantastic family film, put together with care, attention to detail and intelligent design that will have players wanting to see all it offers. This is one kid's movie tie-in that shouldn't be stocking up store preowned sections any time soon.
- An enjoyable God-of-War style game for kids that's more than just another lazy movie license.
- Looks and sounds practically as good as the movie!
- Unlockables multiplayer modes and minigames provide longevity.
- Not the longest game in the world, even for younger gamers - made up for somewhat with three difficulties and unlockable bonuses.
- Online play for the multiplayer modes would have been nice.
- Not for experienced gamers - they'll breeze through Kung Fu Panda in no time.
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
NewOut of stock
- Only £16.99
Free UK Delivery
PreownedOut of stock
- Only £7.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 136 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?
Similar PlayStation 3 games you may like
Dead Island: Riptide GAME Exclusive Special Edition (PlayStation 3)
- Only £37.99
Av. User Rating