Bringing together warriors from SNK fighting games like Fatal Fury and Art of Fighting, as well as heroes from other classic games like Psycho Soldier and Ikari Warriors, and adding an exciting story, The King of Fighters series is a dream festival of 2D fighting, and has become a household name in the genre, with many games released in the arcades, on the NEOGEO and on home consoles.
In a genre dominated by 1 on 1 battles, this series introduced an all-new 3 on 3 fighting style, pitting teams of 3 players against each other, thus popularising the concept of Team Battles. This series started in 1994 with The King of Fighters '94 and would eventually see the exciting Orochi Saga in KOF '95-'97, the NESTS Saga in KOF '99-2001 and the Ash Saga from KOR 2003 onward, introducing such iconic characters as Kyo Kusanagi and Iori Yagami, which have earned a large fan following the world over.
The King of Fighters XIII features fighters from the entire history of the series and concludes the Ash Saga storyline.
NEO MAX Super Moves
New for KOFXIII are the NEO MAX super moves, the ultimate move for each character. The requirements are strict and it takes practice to get the move to connect, but it boards the most destructive power of all available attacks and has the possibility of completely turning around a match. It features the most impressive graphic and sound effects in the game to realise the maximum sense of exhilaration and excitement.
Game Mode: Arcade
- 3 on 3 battles, 6 basic stages +2 extra (boss stages) based on player score
- A movie explaining the story will run after certain stages to keep players immersed
- Ten team ending movies and three special endings
- During battle, 'Target Actions' are displayed which earn players points and gauge boosts if pulled off
- Unique conversations for each character combination at the beginning of each fight, providing background story
Game Mode: Story
- Gives a clear illustration of numerous events not touched upon in the Arcade Mode
- Uses 2D slide scenes and impressive animated movies
- Stories are branched by offering the player choices, leading to multiple ways to enjoy each narrative
- Game Mode: Online is used for fighting players from all over the world through on Xbox LIVE.
There are three online battle types:
- Ranked Match - challenge players to increase your ranking on the global leaderboards
- Player Match - challenge players to friendly matches which does not affect your online ranking
- Friends Match - play with a specified friend by sending or receiving a friends invite
Online Ranking calculates and displays the ranking for all players in the world on Xbox LIVE.Show more Show less