James Bond: 007 Legends Wii U
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
James Bond: 007 Legends Product Details
Released on 21-Dec-2012
Our story begins deep in murky, watery depths. You're James Bond, and you're drifting, unconscious. You don't know why – only that you’re struggling for your life like never before. In moments of cognizance, you recall epic moments from the last 50 years. The harrowing chases. The uber-villains. The exotic locales. The girls. What will be your legend if this is the end?
An Iconic 007 Gameplay Experience
In 007 Legends, you'll take on the role of James Bond as played by Daniel Craig, running missions in the most iconic settings of 007's five-decade film history. The places and times remain classified, but each retains the look and feel of the original movies, updated with reimagined characters, expanded gameplay and exciting new plotlines. Which brings us back to your current predicament. The clock is ticking. Will this be yet another close brush with death, or has your remarkably good luck dried up at last? Only you can answer that, Mr. Bond.
Key Game Features
- Skills - Use your sharp investigative and surveillance skills to hack computers, crack safes, review classified documents and gather intel. Employ the game's stealth-based mechanics - and your own intelligence - to do it all like a real covert operative.
- Action - What would a Bond adventure be without incredible chases and intense fights? Step up the action with Bond's first-rate fighting skills and engage in dynamic freeform melees. Immediate responsiveness and 60-frame-per-second graphics make this the most gripping and interactive Bond experience to date.
- Gadgets, Weapons and Vehicles - Bond's incredible weapons, gadgets and signature vehicles will be at your disposal as the world's ultimate spy. Take complete control of your vehicle or choose a guided experience to focus more on weapons, gadgets and other action.
- Missions and Villains - Relive the world-famous spy's most iconic and intense undercover missions from the entire Bond film franchise, including 2012's highly anticipated new installment, "Skyfall."
- 007 Experiences - Complete different assault, elimination, espionage and defense objectives. Access unlockable and upgradable gadgets and weapons. Customize your experience with the companion AI, which allows for varied gameplay and additional storytelling.
- A Diverse Multiplayer Experience - Should you choose to team up with (or against) other gamers, the multiplayer campaign offers 12-player online, and 4-player split-screen multiplayer options locally. Players can also challenge friends online on the MI6 Ops leaderboard.
They may not have the highest profile in the games industry, but the annual awards handed out by the Writers Guild of America still carries a lot of weight. That's because the WGA is union that represents scriptwriters across all media, including movies and television.
That comes with its own restrictions though. To be nominated, a writer must be a WGA member which counts out a lot of videogame scripters who have only ever worked in games. Similarly, the publisher must officially put their game forward for an award, meaning many games aren't even considered.
The 2013 line up for the Outstanding Achievement in Videogame Writing award is still pretty good time capsule of where big blockbuster gaming is getting words right though. Halo 4 and Assassin's Creed III are both up for the prize, as is the PlayStation Vita exclusive spin-off Assassin's Creed Liberation. The PS Vita gets another nod in the shape of Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which continued the spritely storytelling of the main series in fine style.
Also up for the award are 007 Legends, for which GoldenEye screenwriter Bruce Feirstein combined multiple Bond movie storylines into one game, and Disney Epic Mickey 2, which had a story helmed by comics scribe Marv Wolfman.
The WGA ceremony takes place on February 17th.
Halo 4, Uncharted among the picks for… (17/01/2013)
The 2013 line up for the Outstanding Achievement in Videogame Writing award is still pretty good time capsule of where big blockbuster gaming is getting words right…
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
- Only £36.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 296 reward points
Get selected Wii U accessories for free when bought with any Wii U game!
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?