Release Date: 21/07/2011
The bugs are back in Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon, the most concentrated insect invasion the world has yet to encounter. Mankind faces the end of human civilization at the hands (or claws) of thousands of gigantic bugs unless the elite Earth Defence Force can stop them! Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon is a completely new video game developed by Vicious Cycle that expands the Earth Defense Force 2017 universe (Japanese Title “Earth Defence Force 3” developed by SANDLOT) and continues to follow the rich history of fun and addictive gameplay that makes the franchise a cult classic.
Insect Armageddon is set in New Detroit and features a Campaign mode that lets up to three players team up online to battle the insects and aliens across the completely destructible city. The nonstop action gameplay in Insect Armageddon is the fastest and deadliest in the series. To arm their EDF soldiers, players must cash in points to collect over 150 unique weapons and four upgradeable armor sets. In addition, the game also features a six-player Survival mode that pits a human squad against a nonstop onslaught of the largest enemies the aliens have to offer.
New Detroit’s giant bug problem is unavoidable, and mankind’s last hope lies with the Earth Defence Force to defend the world from the insect swarm, even if it means blowing up the entire city as part of the extermination process.Features:
- Epic Battles Against Hordes of Insect and Giant Alien Robot Invaders – Players will face-off against non-stop swarms of attackers ranging from giant ants and spiders to robots standing more than 100 meters tall for the most outrageously destructive battles ever seen before.
- Online and Local Co-op Campaign Mode – Players can jump into Campaign mode via online co-op or grab a friend and work together to battle through the alien and insect swarms for world supremacy!
- Over 300 Weapons and Four Upgradeable Armor Types – Battle alongside an EDF squad through New Detroit armed with four upgradeable armor types and over 300 unique weapons including assault rifles, rocket launchers, energy weapons, sniper rifles and grenade launchers to repel the bug infestation from all enemy fronts.
- Completely Destructible Environments – Do whatever it takes to defend the earth. Use mortars and grenades to tear down entire city blocks from skyscrapers down to hot dog stands as you try to keep the insect invasion from infesting New Detroit.
- Six-Player Online Survival Mode Multiplayer Battle – Be victorious in an all-out fight to the finish in Survival Mode where up to six players are deployed to clash against an endless swarm of enemies that gets tougher with each wave.
- EDF has a niche but cult following among hardcore gamers, Japanese B-movie and SF fans. Other users will pass their way.
- EDF 2017 was released 4 years ago and many of its fans are now dying to play EDF IA.
- Fans are following EDF-related news very closely
- X360 Official Magazine UK: “You have no idea how pleased we are to see the return of the delightfully barmy EDF”
Suitable for people aged 12 and over.