Warranty Terms & Conditions
You are entitled to access our UK-based call centre on 08444 810 479 to receive help if your equipment is not working. If your equipment suffers either:
i. damage caused accidentally (physical damage as a result of a sudden cause which stops the equipment working properly, including liquid damage) either within or outside the supplier's or manufacturer's guarantee: or
ii. a mechanical or electrical breakdown outside the supplier's or manufacturer's guarantee period;
and our customer services team are not able to resolve the problem we will, in our discretion, decide whether to approve a repair, and then pay for the parts and labour cost of repair, or may replace or pay the cost of replacing your equipment, in each case subject to the terms and conditions below.
General Terms and Conditions
1. There is no limit to the number of repairs to your equipment which can be approved during the period of your plan.
2. Repair work authorised by us will be carried out during our repairers' normal working hours only, which are typically Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm.
3. Applications for repairs of equipment will only be considered where the work on the equipment is not covered by any supplier's, manufacturer's or repairer's guarantee.
4. You must operate your equipment in line with the manufacturer's instructions and must not modify it.
5. Your equipment must not have been poorly installed.
6. Your equipment must not be subject to a current recall either by the retailer, the supplier or the manufacturer.
7. Your equipment must be used in a domestic environment.
8. Your equipment must be repaired within the United Kingdom, unless we agree otherwise in writing.
9. You are liable for the cost of repairs if there is no fault found with the equipment, or to the extent that it requires routine maintenance, cleaning, servicing, cosmetic repairs (e.g. damage to paintwork, dents or scratches) or where there is any problem with the supply of mains electricity. You are also liable for any damage caused in transit (but not for damage that occurs when the equipment is sent to us in accordance with our instructions).
10. Payment will not be approved for costs arising from being unable to use your equipment (e.g. unused subscription fees) or for any other loss or damage not included under your plan benefits which arises from the breakdown of your equipment.
11. If, when you require breakdown service, there is any other service agreement or an insurance policy under which you are entitled to claim, we may only pay an appropriate proportion.
12. We recommend you back up or store any data/files on a regular basis as we will not restore any data/files in the event of your product requiring a repair.
13. Payment will not be approved for any loss, damage or impairment to functionality caused by: theft, attempted theft, neglect, negligence or deliberate damage.
14. Payment will not be approved for any loss, damage or impairment to functionality caused by: earthquake, flood, lightning, fire, wind, humidity, weather, salt spray, storm or other act of God, abnormally high or low temperatures, corrosion, chemical exposure, radiation, explosion, sabotage, terrorism, insurrection, revolution, war, riot, armed conflict, civil commotion, rebellion or damage caused by any natural catastrophes or disasters, man-made catastrophes (such as sociological and technological hazards) or faults that cannot be traced to the manufacturer's actions or omissions.
15. Your equipment must have been bought from Game Retail Ltd.
16. You must be at least 18 years old and a resident of the United Kingdom to take out this plan.
17. The plan does not include:
• damage caused by fitting of upgrades or additional accessories;
• routine maintenance, cleaning or servicing;
• the failure of the equipment to operate correctly caused by the withdrawal of services by a third party;
• software (including operating systems) loss or failure;
• damage or failure of the equipment due to a software virus; the configuration of user settings; or the process of backing up or recovery of data; loss corruption or damage to data or operating system;
• replacement of consumer durables (e.g. batteries or fuses);
• any item or accessory which was purchased separately to the original equipment or as part of a bundle, and was not a standard accessory supplied with the original equipment;
• the safe return of any game or disc (e.g. DVD, Blu-Ray, CD, UMD or minidisc) which may be lodged inside the equipment at the time of fault;
• any form of portable external storage media (including but not limited to memory cards or USB sticks).
How To Ask For A Repair
a You must contact us on 08444 810 479.
b If a repair is approved, we will advise you of the contact details for our repairer. The repairer will provide you with instructions on how to arrange a repair for your broken equipment. You will have to send your equipment off to be repaired. You will have to arrange and pay for the packaging of the equipment, but we will pay for the postage (or we may arrange for a courier to collect your equipment). It is recommended that you use the equipment's original packaging.
c Occasionally, if we agree, you may have to pay for a repair yourself. Where this occurs you must confirm the cost of the intended repair with the repairer. If it is estimated to be more than £125, please make sure that the repairer rings our Repair Authority line on 08444 810 550 for an authorisation number. If they do not do this it may affect the amount we pay.
d We may ask you to provide us with copies of your leaflet and/or purchase receipts (for your plan and/or for your product) to verify that you are the planholder.
1. If a repair is approved, we may replace your equipment with new equipment of the same or similar make and specification, if we decide not to repair it. If your equipment was pre-owned, the replacement equipment may also be pre-owned. Due to changes in manufacturer designs your replacement equipment may not be of the same colour or design as your original equipment. We may at our discretion allow you to upgrade your replacement for an additional fee.
2. If we cannot reasonably arrange a replacement we may decide to provide you with a voucher. This voucher will enable you to buy a replacement of similar make and specification from Game Retail Ltd. The voucher may be product specific - this means you may not be able to buy a different kind of product with the voucher. If your equipment was pre-owned, you will only be able to buy a pre-owned replacement with the voucher.
3. When your equipment has been replaced under condition 1 or 2 above your plan will end immediately and you must pay for any outstanding plan fee instalments.
4. When your equipment has been replaced you will be responsible for disposing of the original equipment at your own cost if it remains in your possession.
5. In this section "pre-owned" equipment means second-hand equipment purchased from Game Retail Ltd.
Cancellation Period - Right To Change Your Mind
1. You can cancel your plan at any time within 45 days of purchase, and you will receive a full refund, provided you have not used any services under the plan.
2. If you wish to cancel the plan during this 45 day cancellation period then return to the store with your receipts to receive your refund.
1. After the 45 day cancellation period you may terminate your plan at any time, and you will be refunded a proportion of your plan fee relating to the remaining full months outstanding, unless your product has already been replaced or written-off.
2. If you have been provided with a replacement product or a write-off settlement then your plan will come to an end, no plan fees already paid will be refunded and you must pay for any outstanding plan fee instalments.
3. If you wish to terminate your plan after the 45 day cancellation period, you can:
• click on 'contact us' at www.domesticandgeneral.com; or
• write to Domestic & General Services Limited, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire, CV12 8JP. You will need to send in your leaflet and receipts together with a covering letter confirming your name and address.
4. Your plan may be terminated at any time in the event of any fraud, attempted fraud, or where you have provided incorrect information, and you will not be entitled to any refunds.
How To Contact Us Or Complain
• Call the Customer Service Department on 08444 810 479;
• Write to the Customer Care Manager at Domestic & General Services Limited, Leicester House, 17 Leicester Street, Bedworth, Warwickshire CV12 8JP;
• E-mail us by clicking on 'contact us' on our website (www.domesticandgeneral.com).
If you are not satisfied with any of the services we provide or the way in which we have exercised our discretion you can ask for your case to be reviewed by Domestic & General and a final decision will be made on behalf of the Managing Director.
Telephoning Domestic & General Services Limited
Your telephone calls may be recorded to monitor and improve the quality of the service provided.
Your details will be held and used by Domestic & General Services Limited, Domestic & General Insurance PLC, and selected companies acting on our behalf to administer your plan. We may pass your data to any relevant regulator or dispute resolution provider. We may also use your data for training and testing purposes. If you have given us permission, your details may also be used by us or third parties for other marketing purposes. We may disclose your information to our service providers and agents for these purposes. We and the third parties (if applicable) may contact you by mail, telephone or email. If you no longer want your data to be used by third parties or by us for marketing purposes and you have not already notified us please write to the Data Protection Officer at: Domestic & General, Freepost CV2560, Bedworth, Warwickshire, CV12 8BR. To help keep your details accurate we may use information we receive from our partners. You can ask us for a copy of your details (for a small fee) and to correct any inaccuracies. To improve our service we may monitor or record our communications with you.
Exclusion Of Third Party Rights
This plan is for the benefit of the plan holder only and any permitted transferee at our discretion and no rights or benefits will be given to any other third party under the plan. The provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 will not apply.
Governing Law And Statutory Rights
We will communicate in English and English Law will apply unless we have agreed otherwise with you. When you buy electrical equipment you will have various statutory rights that apply to the purchase. These include the right to claim for a repair or replacement for up to six years (five in Scotland) if your electrical goods were not of satisfactory quality or fit for their purpose when they were sold to you. However, after the first six months, you will have to prove that the goods had a fault when sold to you and this may involve having to take legal action against the retailer. In practice, the manufacturer will usually deal with any reliability or quality issues during theirguarantee period. Guarantee periods do vary but are usually of one or two years' duration with some manufacturers offering a longer guarantee on parts (but not on labour costs). Nothing in these conditions will reduce or affect your statutory rights; for further information about your statutory rights contact your local authority Trading Standards Department or Citizens Advice Bureau.
Transferring Your Plan
With our permission you can transfer your plan to a new owner of the equipment by giving us written details of the new owner. Your plan cannot be transferred to any other equipment.
Renewing Your Plan
At the end of your plan, we may write to you about renewing.
• If you pay by Direct Debit, your renewal notice will show the amount we will automatically collect, unless you inform us otherwise.
• If you pay by any other means, your renewal notice will show the amount to pay. You will need to make payment for the plan to continue.
We reserve the right not to offer you a renewal on your plan.
You should be aware that extended warranties are available from other high street outlets, insurance companies and other providers. Cover may also be available for limited periods on some appliances from your credit card provider. Some household contents insurance policies offer cover for accidental damage, fire or theft. You may, however, find that an excess is payable and a claim may affect the cost of subsequent insurance premiums.
When Can You Buy A Plan?
If you decide not to buy the plan when you buy your equipment, any quote we give you in writing will be available on the same terms and conditions for a further 30 days, provided your console is in good working order (you may need to take your console back into store). Any offers, such as discounts and vouchers, which are linked to the purchase of the plan will also remain available for that period. Under this plan, you have 45 days from purchase in which to decide if you want to cancel the plan and receive a full refund.
Meeting The Obligations Under Your Plan
Domestic & General Services Limited is the provider of the plan and the obligations under this plan are backed by assets held within a trust fund for your protection.
Customers With Disabilities
We offer a number of services for customers who have disabilities. In particular we can provide this document in Braille, large print or audio formats. For further information please telephone us on 08444 810 479.
Changes To The Terms And Conditions
We may modify or replace these terms and conditions in order to:
• comply with the law, regulations, industry guidance and codes of practice;
• rectify errors or ambiguities; and
• reflect changes in the scope or nature of the service provided to you.
We will give you 30 days' written notice of any change that could have a material effect on your rights against us or liabilities to us. If you do not agree with the changes, you may terminate the plan in accordance with the cancellation and termination section. Otherwise all change will be deemed to have been accepted by you.
N.B. Protection is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the plan. The protection plan is provided by Domestic & General Services Limited, Registered office: Swan Court, 11 Worple Road, Wimbledon, London SW19 4JS. Registered in England and Wales. Company No. 1970780.