Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 - The Taxidermist PlayStation Network
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Heavy Rain Chronicles: Episode 1 - The Taxidermist Product Details
Terms & Conditions of Purchase
- This PlayStation Network (PSN) voucher code is redeemable only by users holding a PSN account registered in the United Kingdom. PSN accounts are subject to the PSN Terms of Service/User Agreement. Users must be 7 years or older and require parental consent if under 18.
- Certain content available via PSN voucher codes may have specific additional restrictions, such as age ratings and usage rights. Children may not be able to access content rated higher than their age.
- A PlayStation 3, PSP; (PlayStationPortable) or other compatible hardware is required as well as broadband internet connection. User is responsible for broadband internet connection fees. PSN voucher codes for Game Add-On products require full game, which is sold separately.
- PSN voucher codes are not redeemable for cash and cannot be resold or otherwise exchanged. It will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or otherwise used without your permission and is valid for one time use only. It expires 12 months from date of purchase.
- PSN voucher codes for wallet top ups are issued by Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited and are redeemable only for funds in the PSN Wallet to purchase items in PlayStation Store.
- Full terms apply, see http://eu.playstation.com/legal
The E3 rumour machine has stepped up a gear, as reports come in from CVG that Heavy Rain developer Quantic Dream is set to show off its new mature masterpiece at this year's trade show event in Los Angeles.
Earlier this year, the developer revealed its Kara video which was intended to show off the capabilities of the engine in their next game. Detailing the emotionally-charged humanisation of a female machine in production, it hinted at a mature sci-fi experience for Quantic's next project.
In an interview with Eurogamer earlier this year, Quantic Dream founder David Cage gave out some suitably cagey details about the game, without going into any juicy specifics.
"What we're trying to create is really interactive entertainment for an adult audience. We don't pretend that we're cleverer than anyone else - but there are so many games out there that provide limited entertainment, and we try to make something for a more mature audience."
"You can reach this mass of people who don't play, or who play less through casual gaming or family gaming. What we try to do is convince them to play again by giving them some adult content, some adult experiences and saying this is for you guys. It's for people expecting something else from gaming than just fun and adrenaline."
We'll have to wait and see what exactly Cage and company have in mind when the trade show kicks off next week.
French developer David Cage, whose studio Quantic Dream created the stunning PlayStation 3 thriller Heavy Rain, has reaffirmed his desire to keep prodding games in the direction of greater emotional depth, even if means abandoning traditional ideas of "fun".
While talking to Edge magazine, he explained his hopes for the people who play his next game: "I don't want to challenge their thumbs, I want to challenge their minds."
Beyond: Two Souls stars Hollywood actress Ellen Page as a young girl hunted by the military. She shares a bond with some sort of supernatural entity that makes her powerful and dangerous.
"My goal is to surprise people," Cage continues. "To give them something they want without knowing they want it. I want to create an emotional journey, a unique experience. I am not interested in giving them 'fun', I want to give them meaning."
One of the ways he intends to do this is to spread the events of the game over a 15 year period, rather than condensed non-stop action yarn most big titles aim for. However, he accepts that this sort of high concept narrative may not be for everyone. "Maybe this is irrelevant or just overly ambitious," he told Edge. "Maybe this is not what most people out there actually want. But this is the goal I set myself with Beyond: to create something different."
Beyond: Two Souls is a PlayStation 3 exclusive, and will be out in 2013.
The E3 rumour machine has stepped up a gear, as reports come in from CVG that Heavy Rain developer Quantic Dream is set to show off its new mature masterpiece at this year's trade show event in Los An…
French developer David Cage, whose studio Quantic Dream created the stunning PlayStation 3 thriller Heavy Rain, has reaffirmed his desire to keep prodding games in the direction of greater emotional d…
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
- Only £3.19
Earn 26 Reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?