Release Date: 14/09/2010
“Halo: Reach,” developed exclusively for Xbox 360, by acclaimed developer Bungie, is the blockbuster prequel to the landmark “Halo” video games franchise. “Halo” is one of the biggest video games series in history, and is the top selling franchise on Xbox. “Halo: Reach” is the culmination of 10 years of award winning “Halo” games that have raised expectations for what can be achieved in a video game.
“Halo: Reach” tells the tragic and heroic story of Noble Team, a group of Spartans, who through great sacrifice and courage, saved countless lives in the face of impossible odds. The planet Reach is humanity’s last line of defence between the encroaching Covenant and their ultimate goal, the destruction of Earth. If it falls, humanity will be perched on the brink of destruction.
- Welcome to Noble Team. ”Halo: Reach” immerses you in the ominous and heroic story of “Halo: Reach” as you play as a member of Noble Team, a squad of iconic Spartan soldiers, each with deadly talents as unique as their individual personalities and customized gear.
- An Intense and Epic Campaign. Live the events that set the stage for the “Halo” trilogy as the UNSC and Covenant clash at the height of their military power. New weapons, vehicles, and abilities complement the familiar “Halo” arsenal for the largest-scale battles ever witnessed in the “Halo” universe. Fiercely cunning artificial intelligence (AI) adds depth and complexity to each encounter, helping make every play-through a unique and challenging experience whether players go it alone or connect with up to three friends to launch a cooperative assault.
- The Definitive Multiplayer Experience. To match the ambition of the most epic campaign in Halo’s history, the battle continues online where Halo: Reach’s dramatically expanded suite of multiplayer offerings will once again redefine the landscape of online gaming and deliver an unequaled experience to millions of Halo fans. “Halo: Reach” sets a new standard for competitive gameplay, customization, matchmaking and community integration. With the addition of the new social settings, you can play with the people you want to by finding like-minded teammates, voting on preferred maps and gametypes and keeping an active roster. In addition, all new multiplayer experiences offer more variety for all types of players. “Invasion” lets players battle as Spartans vs Elites through intense, objective-based battles. And the highly competitive “Arena” lets players hone their skills in an all-out competition for ranking and bragging rights.
- Stunning Technical Advancements. “Halo: Reach” takes a significant leap forward with all-new engine technology representing the next generation of art, audio, AI, animation, and Hollywood-style special effects. Power through massive scale combat across sweeping open environments and fight up close and personal alongside new characters and creatures as you unravel mysteries buried deep in the “Halo” universe.
- Player Customization & Reward. “Halo: Reach” gives you the ability to customize and personalize your Spartan with a staggering array of armor accessories that will appear in both multiplayer and campaign play. Across every game mode, you’re rewarded for everything you do, for every style of play, earning valuable credits that can be used to unlock additional cosmetic upgrades via the Armory.
Suitable for people aged 16 and over.