Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP Essentials) PSP
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions (PSP Essentials) Product Details
Released on TBC-2012
Sustained by Lord and Light, the twin-headed lion reigns over the kingdom of Ivalice.
A year has passed since the loss of the Fifty Years’ War. The prince, though but two years of age, has ascended the throne, his father having been claimed by sudden malady. Too young to rule, the prince requires a regent, who would be king in all but name. The queen's brother, Duke Larg, had seemed the obvious choice for the regency. However, fearing the influence such an appointment would give the queen, the Council refused to back him. Instead, they appointed the king's younger cousin, Duke Goltanna, as regent.
Duke Goltanna and Duke Larg were both generals who had distinguished themselves during the Fifty Years' War. Duke Goltanna counts as ally the greater part of the aristocracy loyal to the Crown. However, the fallen nobility and free knights left in the aftermath of the Fifty Years' War have aligned themselves with Duke Larg. With Duke Goltanna under the banner of the Black Lion, and Duke Larg under that of the White, the stage is set for what history would one day record as the War of the Lions.
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions Features:
- Final Fantasy turns tactical: Experience strategic, turn-based Final Fantasy combat on 3D battlefields brought to life with breathtaking art and stunning visual effects.
- Customise your Final Fantasy characters: With 22 jobs and over 400 abilities to choose from, the tactical combat options of Final Fantasy Tactics are nearly endless.
- Uncover secret truths! Final Fantasy Tactics presents a gripping tale of intrigue, betrayal, heresy, love and heroism.
- Recruit legendary SQUARE ENIX characters: Includes Balthier from Final Fantasy XII and Cloud from Final Fantasy VII
- cutting-edge animation: Watch Final Fantasy Tactics' key scenes unfold through gorgeous, cutting-edge animation.
- Captivating audio score: Immerse yourself in a soundtrack from Hitoshi Sakimoto, the composer of Final Fantasy XII.
- Fight against your friends: Play Final Fantasy Tactics' wireless melee mode, or team up for tactical co-op missions!
Final Fantasy producer Yoshinori Kitase has said that he feels the series took too long to come to the current console generation, and aims to speed up development to enable a new entry in the series every few years.
'Final Fantasy XIII was obviously the first game [on current consoles], and personally I think we took a little too long getting it out,' he told Game Reactor. 'When you think of Western AAA titles like Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Assassin's Creed, they seem to work with a lot shorter turnaround - they make a new game in one to two years. That is something we need to follow up, because that seems to be the best way to keep our fans interested and attracted to the franchise.'
There wasn't an entry in the main Final Fantasy series for the current consoles until Final Fantasy XIII in 2010.
Final Fantasy XIII-2 is set to arrive on Xbox 360 and PS3 in the first week of February 2012. It's taken a spritely 18 months to put together, compared to the five years it took to create Final Fantasy XIII.
Final Fantasy producer Yoshinori Kitase has said that he feels the series took too long to come to the current console generation, and aims to speed up development to enable a new entry in the series …
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
NewOut of stock
- Only £9.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 80 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?