FIFA 09 PSP
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
FIFA 09 Product Details
Released on 03/10/2008
Step onto the pitch and play professional football your way in EA SPORTS FIFA 09. Experience the most authentic football simulation EA SPORTS has delivered on the PSP system as you live the fantasy of playing as a professional football player.
Powered by an overhauled animation system and all-new collision system—representing the biggest innovations to the game engine in four years—FIFA 09 delivers more responsive, intelligent and realistic physical action.
Hundreds of new animation sequences and a new collision detection system with 360 degree coverage enable players to behave according to their physical attributes. Player speed, direction and strength now determine everything from the severity of the collision to the outcome of possession. Plus, contact occurs with shoulders, arms and legs. Stronger players possess the strength to knock down smaller players or use their body and arms to shield the ball in challenges.
Changes to the animation system reward the skillful gamer during one-on-one situations between attackers and defenders. Tuned acceleration attributes enable swifter players to possess quicker first steps and gain advantage in sprints. Plus, four new skill moves -- scoop turns, rainbow flicks, heel-to-heel knocks and ball rolls – give you a total of 32 tricks in your arsenal to perform just like Ronaldinho.
From the moment you step onto the pitch, FIFA 09 challenges you to think and react like a real football player through the popular feature innovation Be A Pro -- now expanded to multiple seasons and featuring the unique Be A Pro camera that tracks your player, re-creating the excitement and rush of racing in on goal. In Be A Pro: Seasons you choose a professional player and then develop his skills at a single outfield position. Complete individual challenges to develop your player attributes and win glory for the squad.
Enjoy top football action at your own level of ability with new Smart Play controls. Passionate football fans new to gaming can play like a professional, controlling only the shooting and passing using a two-button control system and gradually mastering all of the controls as they become adept. With new smart play controls and an assist from the AI, gamers can learn at their own pace and still play entertaining matches with more advanced players.
FIFA 09 for PSP Features:
- New Animation Sequences — The largest overhaul of the football animation system delivers more responsive, intelligent and realistic physical action and adds depth to gameplay. Players move more fluidly around the pitch. Smaller, nimble players possess quicker first steps and have the advantage in sprints. Skillful players have the ability to fake the first touch before the ball reaches the pass receiver.
- New Collision Detection System -- With 360 degree coverage players behave according to their physical attributes. Stronger players now possess the strength to knock down smaller players during collisions or use their body and arms to shield the ball in challenges.
- Pro Skill Moves — Four new skills give you a total of 32 tricks in your arsenal, making it easier to recreate signature moves of the real-world superstars. Now perform scoop turns, rainbow flicks, heel-to-heel knocks and ball rolls just like Ronaldinho.
- Enhanced Shooting Mechanics - Ball-striking enhancements create more responsive and more accurate first-time shots.
- Be A Pro: Seasons — Pick a professional player and test your ability at one position over four seasons. Master positioning, improve your attributes and develop into an elite player. Master your position, inspire confidence in your teammates and influence the level of their play. All performances are tracked through detailed statistics.
- Be A Pro Camera -- The unique player-focused Be A Pro camera debuts on the PSP system to immerse you into the action. The new camera tracks your player, re-creating the excitement as if you were on the pitch yourself.
- Total Football Progress Tracker — Track your progress in all game modes to see how much of the game you have completed.
- Smart Play Controls — Pass, shoot, and score using a graduated control system. Start with the simplified two-button control system and then learn more controls at your own pace. Now even players new to the game can challenge the best.
- Interactive Leagues On The Go!— Play for your club online* against your biggest rivals throughout the season in the Barclays Premier League, Bundesliga, Italian League, French League or Mexican 1st Division and Mexican 1st Division.
- Football IQ 2.0—Test your football knowledge in Quiz mode to earn unlockable content.
- Custom Formations — Design your own unique strategy to create the perfect formation and tactics. Set each player’s exact position in the formation, and assign specific attacking and defensive runs.
- Complete Authenticity — Over 500 licensed teams and 30 leagues accurately represented with correct kits and badges.
We caught up with Britain's best FIFA player at this summer's Mfestival...
Hi Chris. For those that don't know, can you tell us who you are?
My alias is Chrissy B, real name Chris Bullard. I play for pro gaming team the London MiNT, who are in the Championship Gaming Series.
You just won the World Cyber Games UK final against the current World Champ, Bazza of the Birmingham Salvo. Talk us through the match!
Bazza and I play a lot in competitions, so we know each other's games well, but we'd not played for a month. I was a bit surprised the match started off so well for me, I went up 2-0 straight away. I don't think my opponent set up his tactics straight away; normally before the game you select Mentalities, but I think he selected the wrong ones so it was easy for me to score two goals straight away.
And then he changed it, but I was already two up, and I was comfy – I was the favourite going into the second half and I felt like I was the better player. I could relax a bit whereas he had to score three to win. It ended up 4-1.
What does it take to be a good FIFA player?
A lot of people say fast reactions, but I don't think that's so important. I think the main attributes are good logic, tactical sense – obviously you've got to know the game of football as well. Good hand-eye co-ordination too, because some people get to console and they just can't do it. And obviously you need to be competitive, because if you weren't competitive you wouldn't be doing what I'm doing!
If you weren't competitive you wouldn't be doing what I'm doing!
How do you rate FIFA against the other footy games out there, such as Pro Evo?
I think in previous years Pro Evo was the better game, gameplay-wise, but this year it wasn't so much; it hadn't really advanced like FIFA had. FIFA 08 on PS3 especially was really good. The weakest version was on PC, which wasn't as great, but we're near FIFA 09 now so hopefully that will have been improved.
What do you think of FIFA 09?
I haven't had a chance to play it yet actually! We're heading over to the EA stand in a bit. Looking forward to that.
I think in previous years Pro Evo was the better game, gameplay-wise, but this year it wasn't so much.
What are you looking for in FIFA 09 then? What would you like to see improve?
I'd like to keep the game engine for both games, really, but improve the speed. The PS3 and Xbox 360 version could be quite sluggish when you're receiving the ball, it wasn't quite quick enough and sometimes you'd get a delay with passes and shots. For that game I'd keep the same engine and make it more upbeat.
For the PC version, parts of it were almost perfect, but some of the manual passing was done wrong as it was the first year they did it, and the goalkeepers were a bit too good. So I'd like to see the PC version of FIFA 09 quicker, and more accurate and lifelike.
What other types of game do you play when you aren't playing FIFA?
I'm a big fan of CoD4, and I really enjoy playing anything on the Wii.
And lastly, who's going to win the Premiership this year?
I'm a big Chelsea fan, so I'm gonna have to say the Blues!
Haha, well I hope you're wrong about that! Thanks Chris.
Interview by: Mark 'Natural Number 7' Scott
Interview Published: 14.08.08
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
NewOut of stock
- Only £6.98
Free UK Delivery
- Only £1.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 56 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?