FIFA 09 DSi and DS Lite
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
FIFA 09 Product Details
Released on 03/10/2008
Step onto the pitch and play professional football your way in EA SPORTS™ FIFA 09. Experience the most authentic football simulation EA SPORTS has delivered on the Nintendo DS™ as you live the fantasy of playing as a professional player.
Powered by a game engine built exclusively for Nintendo DS that operates at 60 frames per second, FIFA 09 delivers dramatically more responsive, intelligent and realistic physical action. Double the frame rate enables players to move more fluidly around the pitch, react more intelligently to the action and creates a much faster paced game. Players make more intelligent runs, deliver crisp, beautifully placed passes and snap off precision shots.
From the moment you step onto the pitch, FIFA 09 challenges you to think and react like a real player through the popular feature innovation Be A Pro – now debuting on Nintendo DS. Gamers can play over multiple seasons and the mode features the unique Be A Pro camera that tracks your player, re-creating the excitement and rush of racing in on goal. In Be A Pro you choose a professional player or create your own player and then develop his skills in the outfield position of your choice until he becomes a national legend. Every match performance is evaluated in real-time with in-game feedback and a final rating.
For the first time play with up to three friends all playing fixed to single players on your favorite club or go head-to-head with a single cart and local multiplayer .
FIFA 09 for Nintendo DS Features:
- 60 Frames Per Second — Double the frame rate and over 100 new animations deliver more responsive, intelligent and realistic physical action. Players move more fluidly around the pitch, deliver beautifully placed passes and snap off precision shots.
- Be A Pro — Pick a professional player or create a player and test your ability. Master positioning, improve your attributes and develop into an elite player. Co-operate with up to three friends fixed to their player on the same team or go head-to-head as rivals with a single cart and local multiplayer
- Real-Time Feedback — Track your performance in every match in real-time with in-game feedback and a final rating. Earn skill points to develop your player into a national legend.
- Penalty Shoot-Out Mode— Experience the elation and agony of a penalty shoot-out as if you were on the pitch. New shot animations add a variety of new shots to your arsenal to strike the ball past the goalie. Master your nerves to score the goal that wins your team glory.
- New Slide Tackles — Defenders now have the ability to execute slide tackle to interrupt passes or block shots in addition to winning challenges.
- Contextual Shooting Control —Deliver precise, skillful shots around the box or use your power to blast away from long range.
- Online Play*—Challenge your biggest rivals across the world via Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection.
- Single Card Play – Go head-to-head against a friend who has another Nintendo DS in a Single-Card Play wireless match—even if they don’t own the game.
- Complete Authenticity — FIFA 09 features over 500 licensed teams and 30 leagues.
We caught up with Britain's best FIFA player at this summer's Mfestival...
Hi Chris. For those that don't know, can you tell us who you are?
My alias is Chrissy B, real name Chris Bullard. I play for pro gaming team the London MiNT, who are in the Championship Gaming Series.
You just won the World Cyber Games UK final against the current World Champ, Bazza of the Birmingham Salvo. Talk us through the match!
Bazza and I play a lot in competitions, so we know each other's games well, but we'd not played for a month. I was a bit surprised the match started off so well for me, I went up 2-0 straight away. I don't think my opponent set up his tactics straight away; normally before the game you select Mentalities, but I think he selected the wrong ones so it was easy for me to score two goals straight away.
And then he changed it, but I was already two up, and I was comfy – I was the favourite going into the second half and I felt like I was the better player. I could relax a bit whereas he had to score three to win. It ended up 4-1.
What does it take to be a good FIFA player?
A lot of people say fast reactions, but I don't think that's so important. I think the main attributes are good logic, tactical sense – obviously you've got to know the game of football as well. Good hand-eye co-ordination too, because some people get to console and they just can't do it. And obviously you need to be competitive, because if you weren't competitive you wouldn't be doing what I'm doing!
If you weren't competitive you wouldn't be doing what I'm doing!
How do you rate FIFA against the other footy games out there, such as Pro Evo?
I think in previous years Pro Evo was the better game, gameplay-wise, but this year it wasn't so much; it hadn't really advanced like FIFA had. FIFA 08 on PS3 especially was really good. The weakest version was on PC, which wasn't as great, but we're near FIFA 09 now so hopefully that will have been improved.
What do you think of FIFA 09?
I haven't had a chance to play it yet actually! We're heading over to the EA stand in a bit. Looking forward to that.
I think in previous years Pro Evo was the better game, gameplay-wise, but this year it wasn't so much.
What are you looking for in FIFA 09 then? What would you like to see improve?
I'd like to keep the game engine for both games, really, but improve the speed. The PS3 and Xbox 360 version could be quite sluggish when you're receiving the ball, it wasn't quite quick enough and sometimes you'd get a delay with passes and shots. For that game I'd keep the same engine and make it more upbeat.
For the PC version, parts of it were almost perfect, but some of the manual passing was done wrong as it was the first year they did it, and the goalkeepers were a bit too good. So I'd like to see the PC version of FIFA 09 quicker, and more accurate and lifelike.
What other types of game do you play when you aren't playing FIFA?
I'm a big fan of CoD4, and I really enjoy playing anything on the Wii.
And lastly, who's going to win the Premiership this year?
I'm a big Chelsea fan, so I'm gonna have to say the Blues!
Haha, well I hope you're wrong about that! Thanks Chris.
Interview by: Mark 'Natural Number 7' Scott
Interview Published: 14.08.08
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
NewOut of stock
- Only £13.99
Free UK Delivery
- Only £4.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 112 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?