FIFA 08 PlayStation 3
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
FIFA 08 Product Details
Released on 28/09/2007
The FIFA 08 next-gen gameplay engine, built to maximize the power of the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and the PLAYSTATION 3 computer and entertainment system, delivers animations and ball control that is so responsive you feel like you are actually on the pitch. Players are now aware of their surroundings, reacting authentically to threats and opportunities to make intelligent decisions.
Now with the FIFA 08 shooting system you can enjoy even more control and precision in front of the goal to become a true marksman.
For the first time ever, fans playing FIFA 08 will face the pressure to improve their game that real-world players endure every day. A new play mode called Be A Pro locks you in the role of a single player and challenges you to master the same disciplines as a real professional player—from positioning and tackling to reading the field and passing.
FIFA 08 now gives every football fan the chance to perform pro skills with a true next-generation organic ‘building-block’ system. You can combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars or define your own style of play. You can even capture video of your best moves and goals in-game and upload to the FIFA 08 website to show off your style and celebrate your glory with friends across the globe.
The award-winning Interactive Leagues debuts on the Xbox 360 and the PLAYSTATION 3 as part of the deepest online feature set to date. Represent your club online* against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. When they play, you play. Plus, create and organize your own multiplayer Friends Leagues and tournaments with all the tools in-game.
In addition, FIFA 08 is dramatically more real and exhilarating with the inclusion of 620 licensed teams, 30 official leagues, and more than 15,000 players.
- Clinical Finishing - A true next-generation ball-striking engine calculates shot success by combining an almost infinite number of different contexts, including ball spin, pressure from defenders, player attributes, and even air pressure to recreate the drama and unpredictable nature of shooting.
- Intelligent - Now featuring AI with a 35-point decision engine which enables players to process 1,000 potential options and reactions every second in real time -- more than 60,000 options every minute -- via a dynamic ‘Threat Map’ system to capture the excitement and realism of.
- Be a Pro: Offline Training - Think and react like a real professional player. Play the entire game as a fixed player while getting real time feedback and analysis on the fly. A unique camera angle keeps both player and action in focus, zooming in when you’re on attack.
- Pro Skills - A new, organic building-block system enables you to combine tricks and skill moves together to recreate signature moves from the real-world superstars or define your own style of play. Animations can be interrupted at any time to transition into a new move, just like real life.
- Manual Controls - Dictate the play with new manual controls for through-passing and crossing. Now use the right-stick to quickly switch defenders and choose exactly who you want defending, when you want him.
- Online Leagues - Create and organize your own multiplayer Friends Leagues and tournaments with all the tools in-game.
- EA Sports Interactive Leagues: - Represent your club online against your rivals throughout the season in the F.A. Premier League, Bundesliga, French League or Mexican 1st Division. Features weekly in-game pod casts by the development team.
- Video Upload: Capture your best goals and highlights in-game and bring them online for the world to see. Upload your highlights to the FIFA 08 website to create the ultimate highlight reel to prove the stories you are telling your friends are all true. Because without the footage, it’s fiction.
- Real World News - Receive up-to-the-minute news and podcasts from media outlets, including ESPN Net.
- Complete Authenticity - Dramatically more authentic and exhilarating with 620 licensed teams, 30 official leagues, and more than 15,000 players.
- Tournament Mode - Play 60 tournaments, including 35 officially licensed ones, or create one of your own.
Football game Fifa 08 has knocked Microsoft's Halo 3 off the top of the All Formats Chart this week, Chart Track reports.
This builds on Fifa's long-standing success, because titles in the popular footy series also gained the number one spot in the All Formats Chart in both 2005 and 2006.
As well as this, the PlayStation 2 version of the game overtook Halo 3 in the Individual Formats charts.
Fifa 08 features an impressive soundtrack, with various artists from countries around the world providing the tracks for their respective national sides. They include Santogold of the US, The Hoosiers of the UK and Babamars of France.
Other games in the All Formats league, meanwhile, were Juiced 2: Hot Import Nights from THQ, which was number three, and MySims and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08, both from Electronic Arts, in fourth and fifth place respectively.
THQ had several other success stories this week, with Conan at number 32 and Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts at number 34.
© Adfero Ltd
Halo 3 is second only to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as the fastest selling game ever in the UK, Chart Track reports.
A phenomenal one in three Xbox 360 owners bought the game, compared to one in six Xboxers who bought Halo 2, and one in ten PlayStation 2 owners who bought Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
Sales of the game have also helped Microsoft to boost sales of the Xbox 360 console to the highest level seen this year, and it is even selling more than the Nintendo Wii.
More than two thirds of Xbox 360 software sales this week were Halo 3.
As well as this, Fifa 08 has been launched and stormed to number two in the All Formats Chart, enjoying the biggest opening week of any Fifa game. The largest proportion of units (44 per cent) were sold to PlayStation 2 users, with 26 per cent going to Xbox 360, 20 per cent to PS3, and the rest to other formats.
© Adfero Ltd
Fifa 08 kicks Halo 3 into touch (09/10/2007)
Halo 3 enjoys record launch (05/10/2007)
Halo 3 is second only to Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas as the fastest selling game ever in the UK, Chart Tr…
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
NewOut of stock
- Only £4.99
Free UK Delivery
- Only £1.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 40 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?