Driver San Francisco (PS3 Essentials) PlayStation 3
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Driver San Francisco (PS3 Essentials) Product Details
Released on 28-Sep-2012
Developed by Ubisoft Reflections, creators of the original title, DRIVER SAN FRANCISCO is the return of the established action driving video game series that has sold 14 million copies worldwide. Gamers play John Tanner, a hardened detective involved in a relentless manhunt throughout the City by the Bay. Thanks to a groundbreaking gameplay feature, players can now seamlessly shift between more than a hundred licensed vehicles, keeping them constantly in the heart of the action. With its timeless atmosphere, unique car handling and renewed playability, DRIVER SAN FRANCISCO offers the free-roaming, classic, cinematic car chase experience.
- The true car chase experience - Rediscover the cinematic driving sensations of DRIVER: loose suspension, long drifts, sharp bends and high-speed pursuits in dense traffic. Drive over 100 licensed cars involved in some of the most intense chase sequences ever seen.
- A relentless Manhunt - Uncover a thrilling storyline in which personal revenge fuels Tanner’s relentless manhunt for Jericho. Follow Tanner's survival race across San Francisco and discover how this chase will bring him to a point of no return.
- Shift - As Tanner recovers from a terrible crash, he realises he has acquired a new ability that enables him to instantly change vehicles and take control: SHIFT. Experience unprecedented intensity, diversity and freedom; shift into a faster car, deploy civilian vehicles to destroy your enemies and even take control of your opponents’ car to force their demise.
- A car chase playground - Drive on more than 200km of road network, over the Golden Gate Bridge, and along iconic locations throughout San Francisco. Shift from one car to the next and dip into the lives of different residents, a head-spinning array of characters, each with a unique perspective on a city under siege.
- Multiplayer Mayhem - Experience 9 different, frantic and addictive on-line modes, where the SHIFT feature allows players to be anywhere at any time. Ram, tail and overtake your friends in offline split-screen or online modes.
- …And More - Record your best stunts and chases with the Director replay mode to edit and share your movies. Test your driving skills with 20 challenging races and 80 “dares” spread all across the city. Listen to over 60 music tracks with songs from famous artists, not to mention the original memorable DRIVER theme.
Most people try and shed a few pounds after Christmas, but Sony has only gone and cut down the already slim PlayStation 3 in preparation for the festive season.
At 2.1kg the new model weighs less than half of what the original - and now rather chunky-looking - PlayStation 3 did. It's even lighter by a quarter than the current slim model. Part of the reason its able to shed so much weight is because it now has a top-loading sliding disc compartment rather than the current automated slot system.
The announcement was made as the Tokyo Games Show kicked off in Japan, but the good news is we won't have to wait very long for the benefits to reach our shores. The new console will be available in two distinct models and the first, which comes with a hefty 500Gb hard drive, will be on sale in Europe from September 28th. That's next week, for those without a calendar.
A cheaper alternative, with 12Gb of internal storage, will launch a few weeks later on October 12th. For those who buy that model but decide they need more space, a standalone external 250Gb hard drive will also go on sale, as well as a vertical stand for those who like their consoles perpendicular.
Various games will also be bundled with the console, including Assassin's Creed III and the upcoming interactive Move title, Wonderbook: Book of Spells. There'll be a FIFA 13 bundle as well, exclusive to GAME.
Coinciding with the new console is a range of budget PlayStation 3 games under the Essentials banner. Uncharted, Resistance, LittleBigPlanet, God of War III, Assassin's Creed and Far Cry 2 are among the titles you'll be able to pick up for less than twenty quid.
Clearly, Sony is hoping to lure away a few potential Wii U customers. Which will you pick for your winter gaming needs?
Sony unveils new ultra-slim PlayStati… (19/09/2012)
Most people try and shed a few pounds after Christmas, but Sony has only gone and cut down the already slim PlayStation 3 in preparation for the festive season.…
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
- Only £11.99
Free UK Delivery
PreownedOut of stock
- Only £5.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 96 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?