Release Date: 06/11/2009
Dragon Age: Origins is an epic story of magic, danger and a fight for survival told by a legendary games company. BioWare, creators of Mass Effect, Baldur's Gate and Star Wars: Knights Of The Old Republic, bring you their best adventure yet. As a Grey Warden, you protect the land of Ferelden from the Darkspawn. When the demons attack the land again, you must embark on an epic quest to save Ferelden. Create your hero with detailed customisation options, make real choices that affect your path and the future of Ferelden itself, and decide how to battle the forces against you. Dragon Age: Origins is a bigger, more beautiful and deeper adventure than any you'll have ever taken before.
As the spiritual successor to BioWare's Baldur's Gate, one of the most successful role-playing games in the industry, Dragon Age: Origins represents BioWare's return to its roots, delivering a fusion of the best elements of existing fantasy works with stunning visuals, emotionally-driven narrative, heart-pounding combat, powerful magic abilities and credible digital actors. The spirit of classic RPGs comes of age, as Dragon Age: Origins features a dark and mature story and gameplay.
Dragon Age on PC Features:
- Epic Party-Based Combat - Dragon Age: Origins will introduce an innovative, scalable combat system, as players face large-scale battles and use their party's special abilities to destroy hoardes of enemies and massive creatures.
- Powerful Magic - Raining down awesome destruction on enemies is even more compelling as players apply "spell combos," a way of combining together different spells to create emergent unique effects.
- Deep Customization - Players will develop their characters and gain powerful special abilities (spells, talents and skills) and discover ever-increasing weapons of destruction.
- Your Story, Your Way - With its emotionally compelling story, players choose with whom they wish to forge alliances or crush under their mighty fist, redefining the world with the choices they make and how they wield their power.
- Origin Stories - Players will select and play a unique prelude that provides the lens through which the player sees the world and how the world sees the player. The player's choice of Origin will determine who they are and where they begin the adventure, as they play through a customized story opening that profoundly impacts the course of every adventure.
PC System Requirements
- OS: Windows XP with SP3
- CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.4Ghz or greaterAMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 1.8Ghz or greater
- RAM: 1 GB or more
- Video: ATI Radeon X850 128MB or greater;NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater.
- OS: Windows Vista with SP1
- CPU: Intel Core 2 (or equivalent) running at 1.6Ghz or greaterAMD X2 (or equivalent) running at 2.2Ghz or greater
- RAM: 1.5 GB or more
- Video: ATI Radeon X1550 256MB or greater;NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT 256MB or greater.
- Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 GHz Processor or equivalent
- 4 GB RAM (Vista) or 2 GB RAM (XP)
- 20 GB HD Space
- ATI 3850 512 MB or greater; NVidia 8800GTS 512MB or greater
- Sound Blaster® X-Fi™”
- DVD ROM
Suitable for people aged 18 and over.