BAFTA Winner: Original Score
Set in the cold blackness of deep space, the atmosphere is soaked with a feeling of tension, dread and sheer terror. In Dead Space, players step into the role of engineer Isaac Clarke – an ordinary man on a seemingly routine mission to fix the communications systems aboard a deep space mining ship. It is not long before Isaac awakes to a living nightmare when he learns that the ship’s crew has been ravaged by a vicious alien infestation. He must fight through the dead silence and darkness of deep space to stay alive.
- For Windows XP (SP2) or Vista
- 2.8 GHz processor or equivalent
- 1 GB RAM (XP), 2 GB RAM (Vista)
- NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or better (7300, 7600 GS, and 8500 are below minimum system requirements)
- ATI X1600 Pro or better (X1300, X1300 Pro and HD2400 are below minimum system requirements)
- 256MB Video Card and Shader Model 3.0 required • The latest version of DirectX 9.0c
- At least 7.5GB of hard drive space for installation, plus additional space for saved games.
NOTE: INTERNET CONNECTION, ONLINE AUTHENTICATION, AND END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT REQUIRED TO PLAY. MORE INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE AT WWW.EA.COM.
Integrated Chipsets may experience issues.
Please note that attempting to play the game using video hardware that isn’t listed above may result in reduced performance, graphical issues or cause the game to not run at all.
When you run Dead Space for the first time, the game will automatically select the most appropriate options for your graphics card, CPU, and audio card. To improve performance, use the Visuals tab on the Options menu to lower settings to "Medium" or "Low".
You can also improve the performance of Dead Space by lowering the resolution the game runs at, to 1024 x 768 or 800 x 600.
Dead Space is a real-time 3D game that requires a certain amount of your computer's processing power. Other programs operating in the background can slow it down. For best results, be sure to close any background applications while playing Dead Space.Show more Show less