Dead Island - Game of the Year Edition PC Games
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Released on 06-Jul-2012
Dead Island Game of the Year Edition on PC
Contains the complete game, plus all additional in-game content:
- The Ripper - A unique weapon, this combines a baseball bat with a rotary saw
- Bloodbath Arena - Challenging you to take out multiple waves of zombies in four new arenas, plus a new weapon - the Sonic Pulse Grenade
- Ryder White - Play as the game's cheif antagonist in a unique story with new blueprints and weapons to collect
Being tracked down by the undead? Wielding anything that comes to hand to beat them off? And running away in blind terror when all your options run out? No, it's not a package holiday to Magaluf but Dead Island, a vacation to a luxury island resort gone horribly wrong as zombies run amok, all hellbent on turning you into finger food.
Get into character by choosing one of four different personalities to enjoy your stay on Dead Island with; from one-hit-wonder rap star Sam B through to Purna, the kick-ass former cop from Oz, there's someone for everyone to customise as they creep, fight and flee through the game.
- Survive or Die! – a first-person action-adventure, explore a luscious open-world packed to the palm trees with the undead as you try to find a way to survive long enough to get on the next Easyjet flight outta there!
- DIY Weaponry – fancy combining a baseball and some nails to send an undead holidaymaker on a permanent vacation? Dead Island lets you do it! With the game's focus on melee combat, combine everyday objects to turn them into perfect tools for smashing fruity zombies into meaty chunks
- Cranium-Cracking Co-op! – team up and beat out the brains of the undead in the four-player co-operative mode and level up your character so they're bigger, faster and stronger thanks to Dead Island's role-playing features
- Hell in Paradise – travel across the beautiful island of Banoi and, in between the disemboweling and beheadings, marvel at the postcard-perfect visuals of this tropical paradise, from its blood-drenched white sands through to undead-concealing rain forests.
Having survived the zombie carnage on the tropical island of Banoi, fans eager for Dead Island sequel Riptide will have a whole new blood-soaked holiday destination, called Palanai, according to creative director Sebastian Reichert.
"The request from the fans after the success of Dead Island was very clear – they want more and they want it now!" Reichert told VG247. "However, creating a whole new setting will take a lot of time. So the question shifted to ‘do we have enough ideas in the same setting to offer another great experience, or do we have to shift the setting to deliver a full experience?’ Dead Island: Riptide is the answer to that. We changed the setting partially, built in new features fitting to this different environment and now we make sure the experience rocks again."
"For example, in Dead Island, the beauty of the island was often created by man – the beach resort, hotel, etc - and the terror was created by the zombies. This main design theme has changed. Palanai is an island full of natural beauty, for example, wonderful waterfalls, contrasted by natural destruction caused by storms, monsoons and rain. And of course the zombies."
Riptide will add a new character to the quartet introduced in the first game, as well as improving various gameplay mechanics. Sticking with melee or ranged weapons, for instance, will gradually increase your stats for that weapon type.
Dead Island: Riptide is due for release on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 next year. If you want to get up to speed on the series, the Dead Island: Game of the Year edition is on sale now for just £12.99.
Zombie-themed role-playing adventure Dead Island won over plenty of players with its chunky first-person melee combat, which allowed you to swing machetes, clubs and all sorts of homemade weaponry at the undead. Now, some of the team from Techland, the studio that created Dead Island, are working on a new game with an even greater emphasis on hand-to-hand fighting.
Given the promising codename Project Hell, the game features a swords and sorcery visual style with concept art on the game's official blog - the wonderfully named sharpenyouraxes.com - showing a menacing looking fellow in armour clutching some monstrous severed heads. Project Hell is being developed with PC in mind, but the developers say they're considering a console release as well.
"Our main goal is to make a game we can all enjoy playing so don't expect unicorns and fairies," posted project manager Marcin Kruczkiewicz. "We prefer breaking through hordes of undead minions only to slaughter their devilish and loathsome masters in a bloody boss-fight." Charming.
The main Techland team, meanwhile, is still beavering away on Dead Island sequel, Riptide, due sometime in 2013. A Game of the Year edition of the first game, including all the additional DLC quests and bonus weapons, is out for PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
Dead Island: Riptide reveals its new … (24/10/2012)
Having survived the zombie carnage on the tropical island of Banoi, fans eager for Dead Island sequel Riptide will have a whole new blood-soaked holiday destination, called Palanai, according to creat…
Dead Island developers working on fir… (28/08/2012)
Zombie-themed role-playing adventure Dead Island won over plenty of players with its chunky first-person melee combat, which allowed you to swing machetes, clubs and all sorts of homemade weaponry at …
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
- Only £12.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 104 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?