Dawn of Fantasy PC Games
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Released on 30-Sep-2011
GAME Exclusive Dawn of Fantasy Limited Edition Includes:
- Map: A printed world map of the world Mythador
- Dragon: The dragon is a mighty beast and can incinerate entire armies. Some say it is the God of Fire, and can summon flames at will. Myths circulate Mythador about the Dragon, and some say that when it dies, pure gold is formed in its ashes. All who stand against this beast are either suicidal or insane.
- 120 Influence Points: Influence is a hugely-powerful resource, able to boost construction, give powerful upgrades, or unlock new content from the online store, including new quests, mini-campaigns, exotic units, and perhaps even entire races and game modes.
Dawn of Fantasy
Set in the persistent massively multiplayer online 3D world of Mythador, Dawn of Fantasy offers you the chance to write your own chapter in the bloody history of this land. Explore a richly-detailed, endless world, from the high mountain peaks of Southmount in the human realm of Teria to the swamps of Erthee l'Bala of the Wood Elves. Complete dozens of story-driven quests in services of kings, wizards, and fellow adventurers. Interact with thousands of other players through trading, forging alliances, and waging war in both Player vs. Player and Player vs. Environment battles. Build up your villages into towns and then mighty empires, cast mighty magic upon your enemies with dozens of unique spells, and lay siege to your enemies with great trebuchets, the brute strength of the walking woods, ogres, and dragon mercenaries to reign supreme. Play as three different races - elves, men, and orcs, each of which offers a radically different playstyle and has been given a deep, compelling mythology, a dramatic historical background, and a spectrum of complex political ambitions that drive the story and gameplay.
With a rare combination of the RTS and RPG genres in its persistent MMO environment, this is definitely not your average RTS.
Dawn of Fantasy Features:
- Innovative MMORTS Approach: Wage war with neighboring regions or complete countless hours of quests as you unveil the dark secrets of Mythador while managing a persistent kingdom and economy with thousands of other players. Socialize, trade, forge alliances and - best of all - battle against other players worldwclasse, defeat their armies, and burn their towns!
- Multiple Game Modes: Two additional singleplayer modes - including open-ended World Conquest mode - Kingdom Wars, and content-packed single-player Skirmish mode with both Lay Siege and Castle Defense maps - guaranteed to satisfy players of various tastes and gameplay styles.
- Three Distinct Races & Styles of Gameplay: Dawn of Fantasy features three distinct civilizations: Elves, Orcs and Men, presenting a unique approach to these iconic races with three distinct styles of gameplay. Each race is complete with its own lore, language, world region and terrain, dozens of distinct units and buildings, hundreds of unique technologies, and each even has a different approach to RTS economy and building style.
- Fully 3D Dynamic World Map: Travel the MMORTS world using a beautifully-designed 3D World Map featuring scale replicas of all the NPC strongholds, quest areas, and the player's homeland.
- Original Base Building Approach: Each player's Stronghold features hundreds of buildings that look and behave like a City-Simulation game, but without any micro-management, giving the player more time to spend on the battlefield. In addition each race offers a different approach to building strongholds - the Elves build high up in their great trees, Men build on organized plots, and Orcs build anywhere within their homeland region.
- Sophisticated Magic System: Magic is the ultimate force in Dawn of Fantasy, with some spells able to burn down cities and destroy whole armies. Special spell casting units require a long RPG character development process to reach their maximum potential. Along the way, they can learn a total of 28 spells, each derived from the elements of water, air, earth and fire. Each spell is a combination of several positive and negative effects, plus several sclasse effects. Each spell can also be negated by a counter-spell, making for unforgettable magical duels.
- Stunning Siege Combat: User-friendly Siege-oriented gameplay adds a whole new dimension to the battlefield as you ram the enemy gate, scale the walls, and place automated defensive systems, such as: stone tippers, boiling oil, and wall-mounted catapults.
- Complex Economic Model with Corpse Looting: Combines the complexity of nearly a dozen gathering possibilities, different for each race, with automated simplicity, allowing players the options to micromanage their economy, or leave it to run itself in times of war.
- Realistic Weather and Season Change: The gaming world comes alive as you build and battle during winter or summer months, as you push your armies through heavy rain or snow storms. Your economy significantly changes from summer to winter, when different strategic options are available during different times of day and severe weather makes certain units useless.
- Powerful yet Easy World Editor: The Dawn of Fantasy editor is more powerful than the majority of RTS editors on the market today. Powerful, yet easy-to-use thanks to the Advanced/Basic design mode innovation. Powered by unrivalled Lua scripting capabilities, the world editor offers anyone to turn their creative ideas into reality with the same tools used by the official scenario designers.
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
NewOut of stock
- Only £7.99
Free UK Delivery
Earn 64 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?