Civilization V: Gods and Kings PC Games
- PC Games Your selected format is PC Games
- Gods and Kings is the first expansion pack for Sid Meier's Civilization V. New civilisations, new religions, new combat and new wonders are yours to control in this PC strategy game
- Out of Stock
- Sold and Fulfilled by GAME.co.uk
- Sold and Fulfilled by GAME.co.uk
More buying choices
- Prices in GAME Stores may differ.
Add to WishList
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
Av. User Rating
- Suitable for people aged PG and over.
Questing through the ages you'll experience and compete with new types of city-state and master new and exciting methods of land and naval combat. With nine new civilisations, nine new wonders and dozens of new buildings, techs and more, there are now more ways than ever to expand your empire and achieve global domination.
- Expanded Epic Game: Featuring new technologies (like Combined Arms), 27 new units (like the new 1-hex ranged unit Machine Gunner), 13 new buildings (like the Bomb Shelter), and 9 new Wonders, the core game expeirence has grown considerably. The Modder experience is also expanded with even more units and buildings in the four new scenarios.
- New Civilisations: Carthage, Netherlands, the Celts, and the Maya make up some of the new civilisations, adding their unique traits, units and buildings to the game. Nine new leaders like William I, Prince of Orange, Boudicca and Pacal the Great also join the fray.
- Religion: A righteous people will seek out Faith to found a Pantheon of the Gods. As your Faith becomes stronger, you can cultivate Great Prophets who build on these simple beliefs to create a religion that you can customise and enhance as desired. Are you tolerant of other religions or is this the one true faith? Are you focused on Gold, Arts or Military? Beliefs can even unlock custom buildings that only people of your religion can construct. Great prophets, missionaries and inquisitors help you spread your beliefs to other lands and gain the alliances of City States, and like-minded civilizations.
- Diplomacy and Espionage: You can now establish embassies in foreign courts for closer ties (or covert operations). As the Renaissance arrives you can unlock your first of many spies who can begin surveillance of foreign cities, steal advanced technologies from your strongest or wisest competitors, or interfere with city-state alliances. But be careful – all actions can have a diplomatic impact if discovered.
- City-States: Two new city-state types have been added (Mercantile and Religious) to bring all new advantages to the table. The city-state quest system has received a complete overhaul to decrease the importance of gold and add a whole range of new quests that further the narrative of the game, as well as make the diplomatic victory a more varied option. Ally with Marrakech to get access to their unique luxury resources! Vatican City and Jerusalem are holy cities that play key roles in the religious struggle.
- World Domination: The fight for world domination is now more dynamic than ever before, aided by a reworked combat system and AI that puts more emphasis on a balanced army composition. Your lines can stand longer than they could before, so you, as a player, can make smarter tactical decisions without worrying about a single unlucky roll of the dice.
- Naval Combat: Your navy is now split into two different ship types, melee and ranged. This means that no coastal city should be considered safe, and can now fall to a surprise naval attack. Plus all embarked units now have Defensive Embarkation, and can stack with a naval unit for extra protection. Add to this the new Great Admiral, and the high seas have become a much more dangerous place.
- New Wonders: There will be nine new Wonders, from Neuschwanstein to the Great Mosque of Djenne, the Terracotta Army to the Great Firewall - even the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Three new Scenarios:
*Terms and Conditions: Spend £50 or more online at GAME.co.uk and receive a £5 e-voucher for use towards your next order. This offer excludes pre-orders. Voucher is not redeemable against digital products. Voucher can only be redeemed against orders fulfilled by GAME. Offer valid for a limited time only or while stocks last. Offer valid until 23:59 on 31/08/15. Voucher can only be redeemed once and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Voucher is redeemable online at GAME.co.uk (not against Marketplace purchases) only and cannot be used in any GAME stores. Voucher has no cash value and cannot be exchanged for cash. Voucher will be issued on 01/09/15 and can be redeemed until 23.59 on the 21/09/15. GAME reserves the right to amend or cancel this offer at any time without prior notice. This does not affect your statutory rights.