Release Date: 14/11/2008
Building on the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine, Call of Duty: World at War thrusts players into the ruthless and gritty chaos of WWII combat like never before and challenges them to band together to survive the most harrowing and climactic battles in both the European and Pacific theaters. The title re-defines WWII games by offering an uncensored experience with unique enemies, jaw-dropping fire power like the flamethrower, and combat variety, including Kamikaze fighters, ambush attacks, Banzai charges and cunning tactics, as well as explosive on-screen action through all new cooperative gameplay.
Call of Duty: World at War for Wii Features:
- Multiplayer: Call of Duty: World at War will support intense, online multiplayer action using the Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare engine. Bringing multiplayer to the Wii for the first time in the Call of Duty franchise, players will be able battle it out in a variety of game types, plus upgrade and customise characters by using perks and completing challenges.
- Squadmate: This cooperative mode lets players team up to play alongside friends and family. At any moment, a second Wii Remote can be activated, giving the second player their own aiming crosshair to provide cover and added firepower while fighting alongside their Squadmate.
- New Theaters of Operation: Players fight as U.S. Marines and Russian soldiers facing enemies that employ lethal new tactics and know no fear, or no mercy. Epic conflicts are fought on multiple fronts, playing through the climactic battles of WWII in the grittiest, most chaotic and cinematically intense experience to date.
- Combat-Look: Call of Duty: World at War includes "Combat-Look" technology - as the player runs through the game's diverse environments and topographies, the vertical line of sight discreetly adapts to keep players focused on the battlefield without having to radically adjust for uphill/downhill grade variations in the terrain. This system still allows complete freedom and mobility for targeting and results in a smoother and more playable Wii experience than ever before.
- Wii Zapper Support: Call of Duty: World at War fully supports Nintendo's innovative and unique Zapper controller through a customised game setting that allows the entire game, including multi-player, to be played with the Zapper. This customised setting adds a new way to play by incorporating unique gestures and button layouts that add to the Call of Duty experience.
Suitable for people aged 15 and over.