Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Revolution Xbox Live
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Revolution Product Details
Released on 29-Jan-2013
Call of Duty: Black Ops II – Revolution includes four new multiplayer maps, a new Zombies map and a brand new weapon!
- Mirage - Set in the aftermath of a sandstorm in the Gobi Desert, this medium-sized map where the sand dunes can help you make your way around – but can also be your undoing
- Downhill – A ski resort in the French Alps brings snow to Call of Duty: Black Ops II for the first time, filled with chair lifts, lodges and snowmobiles for cover.
- Hydro – This medium/large map takes you to a dam in India, where interactive doors can open and releasing a flood of water that acts as a path blocker – and your potential death!
- Skate – A skate park on the Venice, CA boardwalk makes for a small and tight map with frenetic pacing.
- Die Rise – The Zombie Apocalypse has reached China, and the battle takes place in a Chinese city that is falling apart making for an unpredictable environment!
- Peacekeeper SMG – the only content drop to include a new weapon, this hybrid SMG/AR will bring its own set of challenges!
Please Note: By purchasing an Xbox LIVE game or add on you are actually purchasing the Xbox LIVE points required to download the game/add on via Xbox LIVE marketplace. Once you receive your code you will need to add your new points to your Xbox LIVE account and then use them to purchase the game
Away from its controversy-bating cutscenes and the kind of setpieces that give Michael Bay an inferiority complex, the Call of Duty series has always been about one thing - its multiplayer - so here unsurprisingly is the first batch of Black Ops II DLC, Revolution, featuring all-new maps, weaponry and a zombie invasion for your Xbox 360.
You'll know the Call of Duty multiplayer routine by now - hour upon hour of fragging and the giving (and taking) of knee/crotch/chest/headshots until three in the morning, leaving you feeling like a one-man war machine, taking down all comers - or your soldier's head on the receiving end of so much lead that you could open a stationery firm.
A new set of maps, options and weaponry then is a big deal, meaning a fresh wave of murder, death, kill to indulge in, and Revolution is no different. For your blood money, it packs in four traditional multiplayer maps, a new gun to call home - the lethal-even-at-long-range Peacekeeper SMG - and the all-important zombie mode that features a new map and game mode.
First up, those four maps - the Mirage map gets all gun crazy in a Dubai hotel as you embark on a shopping, sorry, killing spree. Hydro is set in a dam and features a large symmetrical map that's easy to learn, fun to play and best of all, regularly floods. Meanwhile, things go Downhill at a French Alps ski resort as you turn freshly powdered snow blood-red while trying to avoid being decapitated by cable cars. Finally, Grind sees you shooting your way through a skate park, though sadly it lacks the option of shooting any baggy-trouser, beanie hat-wearing tools through the ankle bone.
And then you have Die Rise, set in two Shanghai towers that are in urgent need of an immediate health and safety inspection; not just because of the falling masonry but also due to a zombie infestation problem. Most importantly though is the new game mode 'Turned' where you - yes, you - are a zombie in a pack of three who must hunt down and chew on the grey matter of a single human player.
If you're looking for something truly revolutionary, much like the game series itself, you won't find it here. But for those of us FPS veterans who have a trigger finger that now resembles a claw, then Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Revolution is everything you'll need for your next bout of online death-dealing. But now with added brain-munching.
Editor's Choice - Call of Duty: Black… (07/02/2013)
The first batch of Black Ops II DLC, Revolution, features all-new maps, weaponry and a zombie invasion for your Xbox 360…
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
- Only £9.99
Earn 80 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?