Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway Xbox 360
Av. User Rating
Av. User Rating
Released on 26/09/2008
Brothers in Arms Hell’s Highway brings the critically acclaimed squad-based WWII shooter into the next generation of gaming with amazing graphics and sound, new cutting-edge gameplay features and a totally redesigned online component.
Delivering on the franchise’s compelling story, unrivaled authenticity and intense squad-based action, Brothers in Arms Hell’s Highway drops you into Operation Market Garden, the largest paratrooper operation in World War II.
Lead the 101st Airborne Division as they fight to open "Hell's Highway" in a daring bid for a quick end to the war.
Brothers In Arms Hells Highway Features:
- Brothers in Arms Hell’s Highway – next generation: The classic authentic, squad-based combat series explodes on next-generation hardware, offering unprecedented graphics and features.
- New story, new setting:. Join Matt Baker, Joe Hartsock and the rest of the 101st Airborne Division in Operation Market Garden as they fight to open the infamous Hell’s Highway in a daring bid for a quick end to the war.
- Live the life of an enlisted man: Get orders from HQ, go on patrol, spot the enemy and set up a devastating ambush. For the first time, finding the enemy before they find you is part of the challenge.
- Unprecedented character design: Lifelike characters look, talk, move and think with incredible realism. Game characters interact with the player and each other like true brothers in arms, trading ammunition, helping wounded allies and civilians, working together to man team-operated weapons, and more.
- Rich cinematic experience: As the squad leader, you interact with and get to know your brothers. Each character has his own distinct personality, unique story and background, and grows throughout the game.
- Powerful new units under your command: Players can use or command combined arms teams – machine gun crews create intense fire, bazooka crews destroy buildings and tanks, and mortar crews pound the enemy from a distance.
- Play your own way: Players can choose to use their squad to execute a tactically elegant flanking maneuver or charge in with guns blazing.
- Destructible cover: Keep your men moving and choose your cover wisely – modeled using real physical properties and behaviors, weapons will damage, dent, scorch and destroy the world around you.
- Completely new multiplayer experience: Fight major multiplayer battles with dozens of players on each side, combining all the intensity and accessibility of Deathmatch with the squad-based gameplay that helped make Brothers In Arms famous.
Brothers in Arms, the excellent World War 2 shooter that emphasised teamwork and camaraderie, will continue according to Randy Pitchford of developer Gearbox.
"There will be an authentic Brothers in Arms game," Pitchford said in an IGN interview. "We haven't announced that yet, but I'm really excited about where that's going too. We'll announce these things in due course. There's a lot of neat things we have going on...We love Brothers in Arms and we're committed to more time in that space."
A new game in the series had been in development with the subtitle Furious 4. This over the top shooter featured four crazy characters on a mission to take down Hitler himself, and was best described as Borderlands meets Quentin Tarantino's Inglourious Basterds. That game is still in development, but will no longer be part of the more sombre Brothers in Arms brand.
"Most people will not recognize it as ever having anything to do with Brothers in Arms," explains Pitchford. "If you've seen the Furious 4 demo or you go back and watch that stuff, you'll notice the DNA. You can feel the DNA, because it's an iterative, continuous development process, but it's a process that decided to unhinge itself from Brothers in Arms and go where it needed to go. Furious 4 is evolving into something else."
With so many shooters now following Call of Duty into the modern era, are we about to see a revival of the classic wartime FPS?
New 'authentic' Brothers in Arms game… (12/02/2013)
Brothers in Arms, the excellent World War 2 shooter that emphasised teamwork and camaraderie, will continue according to Randy Pitchford of developer Gearbox…
As a valued customer we now offer you the facility to sign up to email price alerts. Please enter the price you want to be, or below, and if drops to that level we will let you know...
NewOut of stock
- Only £19.99
Free UK Delivery
- Only £7.50
Free UK Delivery
Earn 160 reward points
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.
You have chosen to add this product to your Wish List, but which version would you prefer to add?