Black Wii U Premium Console with GAMEware Wii U Starter Pack and New Super Mario Bros U
Av. User Rating
Black Wii U Premium Console
The Nintendo Wii U is about to change the way you play games, boasting HD graphics and an innovative new controller... See more
Evolution of the Revolution!
Whats in the Box:
- Black 32GB Nintendo Wii U Console and AC Adapter
- Black Nintendo Wii U Game Pad and AC Adapter
- Nintendo Wii U Sensor Bar
- A copy of NintendoLand
- HDMI Cable
- Nintendo Premium
Boasting HD Graphics and an innovative controller, the Nintendo Wii U is about to change the way you play games!
Experience a new style of gameplay through the Nintendo Wii U and Wii U GamePad, which features not only the standard buttons found on most controllers, but also a 6.2 inch LCD Touch Screen that enables you to interact with the game in entirely new ways.
Game developers have been enthusiastic about the potential of the Wii U controller and what they’ll be able to use it for in future games. In some games it may just feature a map, in others it could be your HUD, but already games are showing the ingenuity of the developers.
In Rayman Legends, players use the Wii Remote Plus to navigate the levels, but with an additional player using the Wii U Gamepad, you’ll take control of another character that’ll be able to manipulate areas of the level, easing the journey for those running through on the big screen.
In Just Dance 4, you can use the Wii U Gamepad as a screen so that someone else can watch TV whilst you’re dancing away in another room or whilst everyone else is dancing in front of the TV, you can dictate which dance moves they’ll be doing next.
If you’ve got a great selection of Nintendo Wii software and peripherals, then you’ll be pleased to hear the Nintendo Wii U is Backwards compatible with most Wii Software and Accessories.
- Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.
- New Controller: The new controller incorporates a 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. This combination removes the traditional barriers between games, players and the TV by creating a second window into the video game world. The rechargeable controller includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip and a stylus.
- Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk controller, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro and Wii Balance Board.
- Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.
- Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.
- Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.
- Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.
- CPU: IBM Power-based multi-core microprocessor.
- Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with most Wii games and Wii accessories.
Want to know more? Check out our in-depth Wii U guide!
GAMEware Wii U Starter Pack
Everything you need to get started with your new Wii U.... See more
New Super Mario Bros. U
Mario and Luigi spring onto the Wii U in New Super Mario Bros. U, featuring a new adventure and new ways to play and share your Mario fun... See more
Mario and Luigi bounce onto Wii U in New Super Mario Bros. U!
The Super Mario Brothers make their HD debut as traditional Mario side-scrolling gameplay get a massive visual boost, some great new features and the chance to bring your Mii into the fun for the very first time!
Key Features of New Super Mario Bros. U on Wii U
- Explore new areas of the Mushroom Kingdom with one giant world map!
- Gain exciting new skills from Power Ups and Yoshis
- Exciting new multiplayer modes for you and your Miis
- Fun new gameplay using the Wii U Game Pad
- Play and share your Mario fun through the Miiverse
Mario, Luigi and Toad are back in a brand new adventure – in a brand new land! Bowser has changed his usual plans of kidnapping Princess Peach, and instead invades her castle, using a giant mechanical arm to toss our heroes far, far away. It's up to them to make their way home through this strange land in order to save the Princess.
This new land features a large, seamless world map, the first time such a map has appeared in a side-scrolling Mario Title in over 20 years! This map houses all the interconnected courses and worlds, letting you play them in the order you choose and offering the chance to find the hidden exits and shortcuts that can change the layout of the map!
The worlds may be new, but there are plenty of features that will be familiar to long-time players of Super Mario Bros, each with new and exciting twists! Power-Ups make a return, with some older ones offering new abilities – mini-mushrooms now let you run up walls! – while all-new Power-Ups include the Flying Squirrel Suit, giving Mario limited flight as he floats through the air.
Baby Yoshis of varying colours also return, with each different colour offering a different treat! Blue Yoshi spits bubbles that can trap your enemies, Yellow Yoshi can help light-up dark area, and Purple Yoshi will expand like a balloon and let you take to the air!
There's a new creature on the prowl, too – the Nabbit! The Nabbit has stolen things from Toad and it's up to you to, well, Nab him when you see him! He'll appear randomly throughout the game, and if you do manage to Nab him you'll also earn a powerful P-Acom which will fly you continuously through the rest of the stage.
The Wii U Game Pad brings something new to multiplayer games. Boost Mode is fun for up to five players – four using Wii Remotes to leap around as normal, and the fifth using the Game Pad to assist them by killing enemies, and moving blocks and creating platforms to get through tricky areas or grab hard to reach items. You can also switch game play from the TV to the Game Pad at any time and continue playing even when others are watching the TV.
New Super Mario Bros. U also offers host of new game modes. Some are single player, some multiplayer, and each adds a fun and exciting new twist to the traditional Mario gameplay. First up is Challenge Mode, which dares you to fulfil specific objectives like completing a level without touching the ground, without collecting a single coin, or within a certain time. There are four single-player Challenges – Time Attack, coin Collection, 1-Up Rally and Special, which offers all kinds of other challenges.
There are also Boost Mode Challenges for two players, one using the Game Pad, the other a Wii remote, introducing co-operative speed runs for the first time in the series. The player using the Game Pad can manipulate enemies and objects in real-time to find the fast route through any level.
Boost Rush is another new feature where speed is of the essence. The level will scroll automatically, getting faster as you collect your coins and pushing you to complete it as quickly as possible. Coin Battle is a fun mode for up to five players (one on the Game Pad, the others using Wii Remotes) competing to collect the most coins. The Game Pad can be used like in Boost Mode to get harder to reach coins and even block the paths of other players. It can also be used to customise the coin layout in these courses.
During the multiplayer modes, you can play as your Mii for the first time in a side-scrolling Mario adventure, but that's not the end of your Mii's interaction with the game. Through the Miiverse you can connect with other players, see their comments and accomplishments and leave your own feedback for others.
Downloadable copy of New Super Mario Bros U Available
Please Note: New Super Mario Bros U for Nintendo Wii U is 1.7 GB.
Check that you have enough space on your Nintendo Wii U to download and install this title.
Black Wii U Premium Console User Reviews
There are no customer reviews yet for this product. Be the first to write a review!
- Only £314.99
Free UK Delivery
Please note: prices in GAME Stores may differ.