Bayonetta scored a very rare perfect 40 in Japan's influential Famitsu magazine – a feat few games manage. Now Bayonetta's here to kick cherubic backside with the same perfect mix of ludicrously over-the-top combos and finishing moves, free-flowing combat and quirky, tongue-in-cheek sass.
Get ready for a wild, weird and wicked witchy ride…
From the creators of Devil May Cry and Resident Evil comes the free flowing over-the-top action, extravagant weapons, demonic hair and savage grace of Bayonetta. Play as Bayonetta, a witch with powers beyond the comprehension of us mere mortals and face-off against countless angelic enemies, evil forces and giant sized foes in a game of 100% pure and unadulterated all-out action. Outlandish finishing moves are performed with balletic grace as Bayonetta flows from one fight to another. With magnificent over-the-top action taking place in stage that are a veritable them park of exciting attractions, Bayonetta on Xbox 360 pushes the limits of the action genre, bringing to life its fast-paced, dynamic climax combat.
- Groundbreaking Gameplay — Bayonetta, the game, is all about action. From the controls to the finishing moves, Bayonetta is positioned to be about pure action gameplay
Hair: Her hair serves as the basis of her costume and also her attacks and powers. These manifest in different ways:
- Wicked Weave attacks - By pulling off the right combos (illustrated by the loading screens), you’ll summon large demon fists and feet to punctuate the combos. Great for fighting bosses and large groups of enemies.
- Torture Attacks - Unleash gruesome devices such as the Iron Maiden, Guillotine and more to finish off enemies and send them to hell by charging your Magic gauge.
- Climax attacks -To eliminate the upper ranks of her foes, Bayonetta’s hair serves as a magical conduit to summon demonic beasts.
- Upgradeable weapons -In addition to her four enchanted guns called Scarborough Fair, she can unlock an array of weapons from shotguns, bazookas and fiery claws.
- Enemy weapons - Bayonetta can also battle with a variety of other weapons retrieved from fallen enemies.
- Beast Within - Bayonetta calls upon primal forces, transforming into various beasts (Panthers, etc.) according to the situation.