Battlefield 3 Limited Edition on PS3 Includes:
Battlefield 3 Limited Edition features the digital expansion pack Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand. This themed multiplayer expansion pack includes four legendary maps from Battlefield 2 boldly re-imagined with Frostbite™ 2 physics, destruction and visuals. Completing the package are classic Battlefield 2 weapons and vehicles, unique rewards, new achievements/trophies, and more.
Battlefield 3 on PS3
FEEL THE BATTLE! From the makers of the award-winning Battlefield ™ series comes this fall’s most anticipated modern warfare FPS – Battlefield 3™.
The long-awaited true successor to Battlefield 2, Battlefield 3 leaps ahead of the competition with the power of Frostbite™ 2, the next installment of DICE’s cutting-edge game engine. This state-of-the-art technology is the foundation on which Battlefield 3 is built, delivering superior visual quality, a grand sense of scale, massive destruction, dynamic audio and incredibly lifelike character animations.
As the first soldiers on the battlefield, players wage all out war across vast urban, downtown and rural locations on land, sea and air. Gamers will experience heart-pounding missions across diverse locations including Paris, Tehran and New York as they step into the boots of Sergeant Henry Black, an elite U.S. Marine.
Battlefield 3 on PS3 Features:
- Experience the battlefield, Feel the Battle – Battlefield 3 delivers the most physical FPS experience combining genre-defining technology with best-in-class vehicle and team warfare in urban locations. With the power of Frostbite 2, players will feel the impact of bullets and explosions and can drag their fallen comrades into safety.
- Frostbite Gets Physical – Players will feel the true physical battlefield through Frostbite 2 and its state-of-the-art technology. Built upon this powerful engine, Battlefield 3 immerses players physically and emotionally into the world around them like never before. Frostbite 2 innovates in 5 key areas.
- Animation – Leveraging ANT technology utilized by EA SPORTS for ultra-realistic character animation, Frostbite 2 creates unmatched body movements and reactions. Players not only witness realistic movements in their enemies and comrades, but will see their character’s body in realistic detail.
- Scale – Vast and ultra-detailed desert terrains and urban landscapes are brought to life with striking detail via the robust Frostbite 2 engine.
- Rendering – Dramatic visual and lighting effects set the scene while landscapes are laid out in realistic detail. Players will see dust in sunrays, the gradients of light in a dark room, or the afternoon sun breaking through a cloud of smoke blinding their eyes.
- Audio – DICE’s award-winning audio is taken to new heights with Frostbite 2. HDR audio delivers precise and ambient sounds in multiple environments. Various weapons have distinctly different yet realistic sounds; based on the environmental variables – indoor, outdoor, size of space, echo factors, and more.
- Destruction – From large-scale destruction produced by the effects of an earthquake or the damage from an RPG attack on a building, to the minute damage produced by bullets chipping away at a wall or object, Frostbite 2 creates a whole new level of life-like battlefield destruction.
- Fight a Marine’s War – Battlefield 3 preserves the series’ signature game play and unparalleled vehicle variety and takes it to the next level by incorporating the best of sandbox freedom within the single-player campaign. As the first boots on the ground, players will wage all out war as they step into the role of U.S. Marine, Henry Black.
- Unparalleled Vehicle Warfare – The award-winning online vehicle warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline the impressive armada of land, air and sea vehicles available to players in single player, co-op and multiplayer.
- Urban Combat – Players take the fight to iconic and unexpected places in the USA, Middle East, and Europe including claustrophobic streets, metropolitan downtowns, and open, vehicle-friendly landscapes as they fight their way through the war of tomorrow.
- Acclaimed Studio – Based in Stockholm, Sweden, DICE is the award-winning studio behind the Battlefield series that has sold over 30 million copies worldwide.